April 2024 Buck of the Month BOTM - 152 Fixed Blade Ranger S35VN Ebony NS Bolster/Rivets

Yes the fact that it IS basically a 112 made seriously consider buying it and if it had a more premium handle material.. even at a higher price.. I would get it. But when I'm absolutely going to sell some of my best and finest 112's later this spring (and hate having to do that) it just doesn't seem to make sense to put resources I'll know I'll need into basically a ordinary configuration. BUT if it had been a drop point..well one or two would be on the way.

Last edited:
A folder is designed with compromises so the blade can fit into the handle. A fixed blade doesn’t have the same limitations so why design a fixed blade with the limitations needed for it to fold? Makes no sense to me.

A 112 or 110 blade with a handle from a 100 series fixed blade and a small guard would make sense to me.
That's a great point. How about a fixed blade with a 112 handle and a 110 blade? ...Something that couldn't be done in a folder.

Yes the fact that it IS basically a 112 made seriously consider buying it and if it had a more premium handle material.. even at a higher price.. I would get it. But when I'm absolutely going to sell some of my best and finest 112's later this spring (and hate having to do that) it just doesn't seem to make sense to put resources I'll know I'll need into basically a ordinary configuration. BUT if it had been a drop point..well one or two would be on the way.
Are you going to give me a crack at getting some of those 112s. You know, for a fellow 112 collector. 😀. Really just seeing some of your stuff would be cool.

Are you going to give me a crack at getting some of those 112s. You know, for a fellow 112 collector. 😀. Really just seeing some of your stuff would be cool.
Hmmm. Just seeing your stuff WOULD be cool. But it looks like I can't post any attachments anymore. I guess I unwittingly went over the attachment limit. I really don't feel like deleting them one at a time.

Edit: And when I do delete one, the page refreshes to the first page, with the newest attachments. I thought I'd delete the oldest attachments first. It seems too tedious.

Anyway, my newest knife is a 112 nickel silver drop point custom from Ghostown Knives. A halloween theme. Visualize haunted houses, graveyards, witches, bats, scary pumpkins. And the sheath has a pumpkin engraved on it. Doesn't seem to have quite the same effect as posting a picture. :)

Edit 2: Oops. I just realized I posted this in the wrong thread.

Last edited:
huh... I don't know.

I love 112's, but tend not to buy small fixed blades, because if it a knife is that small, I'd rather have a folding one for carry-ability. But, this is interesting because it's different, but I can't imagine I'd carry it much. For that size, I think I'd rather have a 113.

That elk one is gorgeous though!
I like them myself because as a traditionalist small belt knives offer one handed use that my pocket knives don't , it's not something I've always gotta have but is definitely appreciated when I am carrying a small belt knife.

Back