Knife Models by David Mary and Collaborations

Mustelid Scouts

A hair under 7" overall with a blade just under 3 1/2" from tip to heel. The original designs were seven in number as disclosed in the thread where they were first discussed. In the most most recent run of them I used a square blank for additional customizability beyond the original blade shapes. Here are a few examples:

From Spring 2023:

A Weasel Scout, aka Speed Weasel, with Indian Ebony scales.

img_1857-jpg.2156532

A Marten Scout with a segmented handle:
img_1896-jpg.2156528

An Otter Scout with segmented handle:
img_1995-jpg.2160546

And a few from the most recent run, a Marten Scout with customized blade shape, three Weasel Scouts, and a Wolverine:
img_5501-jpeg.2506635

Weasel Scout 2024 1.jpg
Weasel Scout 2024 2.jpg
Weasel Scout 2024 3.jpg
Wolverine Scout 2024 1.jpg
Scouts in Sheaths.jpg

I love the versatility of the speed weasel. I carry mine dangled off my belt tip up. A simple Paracord loop in the last eyelet. Also makes it great for pocket carry as I can use the loop as a grab handle away from the blade.

These are a home run.

Screamer

This is a collaboration that took place as a result of a brief interaction in the general forums.

By all accounts David Mary David Mary makes some real screamers

Screamers, eh.... do I detect a new model name? 🤤

And so I contacted him and asked, if I were to make a knife with this name, what would it look like? And to my great pleasure, the friendly Quiet drew up the following design concepts (his pic), and said if I make one, he'd love to have the first one:

Screamer-Concept-1.jpg

He described it as a concept knife for garden and yard work. So with some very small tweaks to the profile here and there, I created a knife that is mostly faithful to his original concept, his prototype sporting matte finished desert ironwood with orange G10 accents.

IMG-6597.jpg

Now that being said, there is the alternative Screamer design that I have not explored yet, and it, too, looks very enticing and I might have to give it a go at some point as well.

Thanks for the fun project Quiet Quiet !

David, thank you again, sir! This little guy is just extremely nice. I used it last night to slash through some cardboard, and it did exactly what its namesake suggests, it screamed through that material like no one's business. It's not designed to be anything other than it is, and I can now say from direct experience, it's exactly what I was hoping for. I am so glad to have it, and it's the first knife I've ever really actually put pen to paper on, so that makes it a treasure for me!

David, thank you again, sir! This little guy is just extremely nice. I used it last night to slash through some cardboard, and it did exactly what its namesake suggests, it screamed through that material like no one's business. It's not designed to be anything other than it is, and I can now say from direct experience, it's exactly what I was hoping for. I am so glad to have it, and it's the first knife I've ever really actually put pen to paper on, so that makes it a treasure for me!
And a new knife designer is born!

Back