• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

SOLD Tai Goo Bush Swords (Repost)

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Johnson

Gold Member
Putting these back up for another look. Prices are very firm, as these prices are far, far below what Tai would charge to do a similar piece now, and I haven't seen him do larger pieces in several years. You would probably be lucky to get a similar Bush Sword from him for about $2,000, if not more. Yeah. These are kick ass prices on very rare one of a kind knives. I'm not selling these because I want too, but financial reality sucks these days unfortunately.

Shipping will be via USPS, insured, and I can do international shipping for the added costs above domestic prices. Payment via PP or Venmo preferably, but can work out other payment methods as well. If you need other pics or a video, let me know and I'll get those out asap. And feel free to ask any and all questions.

For those unfamiliar with Tai's work, when he says "handmade", it is truly handmade. As in no power equipment used, all done by hand from beginning to end. He is a legend, and a character with definitive views on knives. Peruse his posts here on BF and you'll see.šŸ˜

Tai Goo Socket Handle Bush Buster: 12" cutting edge with an overall blade length of 13.5" to the front of the handle wrap. Handle is 6.25" long for the length of the wrap that's been stabilized. Very light and fast in hand with about 1/8" thick spine. Unused by me and I don't remember if the original owner ever used it. This one has his working finish on the blade, so it left the shop with a very "rough" finish to begin with to hide usage marks. If it has been used, it's been used lightly. No sheath or hikot with this one. Price is SOLD.

20231231_150521.jpg 20231231_150533.jpg 20231231_150605.jpg 20231231_151705.jpg

Tai Goo Integral Bush Sword: 13.5" cutting edge length and a blade length of 14.75" from the tip to the front of the integral bolster. Handle length is 7", with yucca turk's heads stabilized in pinion covering parts of the rosewood handle and the bolster is 3/4" thick. The blade starts at about 3/8" thickness in front of the bolster with a gradual taper down to the tip. This one does have a full hikot to it in mahogany. Incredible package, with incredible balance and presence to the blade overall. Excellent condition, as I don't believe it's ever been used or carried. Price is sold

20231231_151756.jpg 20231231_151857.jpg 20231231_151909.jpg 20231231_151935.jpg

Last edited:
Would like to see some additional pics or video of the Bush Buster please. Any idea what steel this is made from? Thank you, Steve

Last edited:
Would like to see some additional pics or video of the Bush Buster please. Any idea what steel this is made from? Thank you, Steve fastevoaca@gmail.com

Steve, heres a quick video of it. Steel wise it's probably 1095 or 5160. I've seen his socket handled blades from those steels as well as W2. Weight wise it clocks in at 20 ounces and the point of balance is about 1 inch in front of where the edge begins. Gives it some weight forward for chopping without it being too blade heavy in action.

Last edited:
Updated both blades with videos. If you have any questions, just let me know.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back