Knife Models by David Mary and Collaborations

Haha I made them a few months ago. :)

TeenyChef

This little guy is an offshoot of the EDChef that came about, as they often do, somewhat by accident. Basically, a cut on the fly, in order to eliminate a warped section of a piece of thin heat treated hand saw steel I had in stock that I had been putting off dealing with. It started off closer to 10 inches long if memory serves, but ended up a little smaller than an EDChef, though with a similar handle, slightly less acute handle to blade angle, and a wharncliffe profile.

Then I made a follow up prototype in 15N20 of this same design, and a second one with slight belly added, and lo the TeenyChef and TeenyChef Wharncliffe, were born.

IMG_2465.JPG
IMG_2469.JPG

And the original concept knife, before I moved it along to a new home:
image-jpg.2119030

TeenyChef

This little guy is an offshoot of the EDChef that came about, as they often do, somewhat by accident. Basically, a cut on the fly, in order to eliminate a warped section of a piece of thin heat treated hand saw steel I had in stock that I had been putting off dealing with. It started off closer to 10 inches long if memory serves, but ended up a little smaller than an EDChef, though with a similar handle, slightly less acute handle to blade angle, and a wharncliffe profile.

Then I made a follow up prototype in 15N20 of this same design, and a second one with slight belly added, and lo the TeenyChef and TeenyChef Wharncliffe, were born.

View attachment 2188995
View attachment 2188996

And the original concept knife, before I moved it along to a new home:
image-jpg.2119030
Perfect for fruit and vegetables. Good size to break down broccoli or halve cherry tomatoes. I like!

Flicker

A one-off custom design collaboration between me and our very own P Psycho , here's the Prototype, only minutes before it was stolen from him. :mad:
1684950808402.png

Which has prompted me to make it an official design so I can make him another one. It will be available plain edged, or serrated, with or without a swedge and/or sharpened clip.

Just under 9 1/4" overall with a nearly 5" blade. I don't have any planned as of yet, but will be making at least one in AEB-L on my next run of appropriate thickness.

1684952441033.png

UPDATED!!

Flicker 2.0 Prototype:
IMG_4554.JPG

Last edited:
Flicker

A one-off custom design collaboration between me and our very own P Psycho , here's the Prototype, only minutes before it was stolen from him. :mad:
View attachment 2196536

Which has prompted me to make it an official design so I can make him another one. It will be available plain edged, or serrated, with or without a swedge and/or sharpened clip.

Just under 9 1/4" overall with a nearly 5" blade. I don't have any planned as of yet, but will be making at least one in AEB-L on my next run of appropriate thickness.

View attachment 2196557
Liking this because it’s a beautiful piece, but underneath that I’m very angry that people will just grab anything from someone like it’s their own. I’m generally a peaceful guy, but that kind of thing makes me want to smash somebody’s face in. Sorry that it got snatched - but luckily there are a few nice people left in the world. Anybody up for throwing in a few clams to help out Psycho?

PM coming, David.

Last edited:
Added by David: This is the "Desert Serpent", my own interpretation of the late Knife maker Eijah Isham's "Arrakis" folding knife design. The idea to make this came to me after our very own Bob Denman commented in another thread that he would have liked to see a collaboration between me and the aforenamed maker. Sadly that is not possible, but the least I can do is pay a tribute to his unique, interesting, and very useful looking design.

1691602756737.png

Last edited:
Midnighter Fighter

This is a design that I basically came up with on a whim around midnight while I was still in the shop. I was in between tasks, and grabbed a blank (my broad bladed Canadian blet knife design) and started imagining how it would handle as a larger knife with similar handle ergos. Then I grabbed a piece of cardboard to get an idea of it, and the "Midnighter Fighter" was born.

Here is the prototype which I sold at a low price in a semi finished state as part of my 2023 July 4th sale:
1696613939656.png

And here is the design in its current refined state after a few subtle tweaks.
1696613849867.png

At the time of this post I have three blanks of this design still in stock, one of the originals with a modded handle profile to allow choking up a bit further, and two revised versions with the handle mod built in, and longer blades (7", and 8"). The design above is what I would consider the standard, and would be ideal for stock thicknesses between 3/32" and 5/32". I'm also looking at making stouter ones with a slightly slimmer blade profile, and possibly more blade length as well. Grinds can be anything from single edged, dual edged, unsharpened or sharpened swedge, left or right chisel ground and plain edge or serrated, etc.

Update: This is the second Midnighter Fighter, also 15N20, just before I put my maker's mark and finishing touches on it:

Last edited:
Good morning groveinthedark groveinthedark ! They are not materials I have used so I don't know. But if you can send me a small sample, I will see if I can work with it.

I hope your LC200N Finesse Filet is serving you well!

excellent memory. yes on the FF DM model. love it btw. use it almost every day. and ive got options.

make a knife out of meteors. there’s a reason they’re so valuable. not sure what that is just yet.

Maybe because they can pierce Godzilla's hide, like if you wanted Godzilla steaks one evening.

Back