Photos “Tomb Raider” Dagger by Bruce D. Bump MS

Bruce, you just outdo yourself and create bar a pole vaulter can't surpass. What a beautiful dagger. The collector that owns this is one very lucky individual. Caleb always creates wonderful images also and this dagger will leave most viewers totally speechless.

Honestly with a name like Tomb Raider I thought this knife was going to have titties on it before I clicked the thread.

This thing is an absolute masterpiece though. Keep up the amazing work.

Holy crap are you kidding me!!
That is truly amazing.
A masterpiece that should never be forgotten.
Respect

Thanks so much for the very kind words, guys! I'm so very glad you're enjoying the piece!
Gorgeous, simple gorgeous!

I think you have a typo in your description. You wrote; "Blade: Ladder core, 15N20 & 1084, mosaic outer, pure nickel/4600E" , but I assume it should be Ladder Outer, and Mosaic Core.
Thanks for catching that, Chris. I'll look into it.

Excellent photo Caleb.

This is simply a stunning piece. So much detail here and I think what I am most impressed by is how he was able to grind the bevels and keep the "san mai" outer layer perfectly flush with the grind line. I just don't know how I would pull that off. This dagger is just further evidence of my belief that Bruce is one of the most talented and versatile makers out there!

I think you have a typo in your description. You wrote; "Blade: Ladder core, 15N20 & 1084, mosaic outer, pure nickel/4600E" , but I assume it should be Ladder Outer, and Mosaic Core.

The core is the ladder pattern, the outer jacket is clearly the mosaic pattern. A very good looking mosaic at that.

-Clint

Sorry, name doesn't fit. You tomb raid to get treasure. If you have a knife like this in your hand no tomb would hold any appeal for you. This is what you hope to find buried w a pharaoh. Flawless.

Red

I think this was welded as San Mai, not as a three bar.

Amazing level of craftsmanship and presentation. This surely was the treasure in the tomb.

Thanks for taking time to look and post guys. Much appreciated compliments. I really like Caleb new method of posting his clients work with the zoomed in images at about 120 megapixels. Warning though, don't leave any 36's anywhere. They will show up.

Thanks for taking time to look and post guys. Much appreciated compliments. I really like Caleb new method of posting his clients work with the zoomed in images at about 120 megapixels. Warning though, don't leave any 36's anywhere. They will show up.
I have no idea what "36's" are unless maybe it has something to do with 36 grit belts, but I don't want to ask lest STeven call me lazy and ignorant. ;)

Last edited:
Yes, you're right, they are left over 36 grit scratches that only show up under certain lights like at every show Ive ever went to and Calebs ultra close ups.

Back