0560/0561 being sold cheap?

I mostly browse the for sale threads and have noticed that 0560s and 0561s are being sold at and below $200. I love my 0561 and don't see why people are selling them so cheap. Any ideas?

Its so that I can pick one up... If I can answer in time lol

*Deal Spotting*

Last edited by a moderator:
Its so that I can pick one up... If I can answer in time lol

*Deal Spotting*
You should edit out the last part because they're not a supporting dealer and that's considered deal spotting. Forum rule.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everybody is selling them so cheap because they are getting ready to buy a 0566 instead.

Serious? Nothing better to do?
Would you rather have me do it, or a Mod see it and possibly get dinged for it? I was just trying to help. It wouldn't be an issue if the rules were read in the first place, but obviously, they weren't. Again, just trying to help.

not too sure if bladehq is a supporting dealer because im pretty new but im pretty sure, and 200's kinda expensive for one, you can pick one up there for around 150

not too sure if bladehq is a supporting dealer because im pretty new but im pretty sure, and 200's kinda expensive for one, you can pick one up there for around 150
BladeHQ is a supporting dealer. Brand new for $150? No! The lowest I've seen them sell for is $150 and that was one time in the Exchange. I see them going for $170-$190 depending on condition.

Here's a list of all supporting dealers:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/935876-***List-Of-Bladeforums-Dealers***

Supply, demand and competition.

I think sales of the 0560 probably peaked about 1-2 months ago. There's more flipper competition from within and without. More 0560 series models since May: 0560CBCF, 0560BLK, 0560BW. More competition from ZT 0801 and soon 0566 even though it's assisted but could possibly be turned into a manual flipper. Don't forget about competition from the likes of Spyderco Southard and Domino. It's the age of the flippers in all sizes.

It's probably because people are getting ready for the 560 blackwashed version and the 566. Both soon to come out. Maybe they want a Spyderco Southard or the new Spyderco Domino. Who knows...maybe bills.

Supply, demand and competition.

I think sales of the 0560 probably peaked about 1-2 months ago. There's more flipper competition from within and without. More 0560 series models since May: 0560CBCF, 0560BLK, 0560BW. More competition from ZT 0801 and soon 0566 even though it's assisted but could possibly be turned into a manual flipper. Don't forget about competition from the likes of Spyderco Southard and Domino. It's the age of the flippers in all sizes.

Sounds right to me.

Just purchased my new 0561 for under $200. $199.99, still counts as under $200 :) looks like it will be here tomorrow. Although I am very excited to carry the 0561 and add it to my collection I kind of feel now that I should have gotten the 0550 instead. I am sure though that had I gotten the 0550 I'd be wishing I'd gotten the 0561. Next time.

You can buy them new and shipped for very close to $200. $200 used is overpriced.

well Im one of the guys who recently sold one and for cheap on another forum. I cant speak for everyone but my needs were simple. I purchased another knife and I wanted to pay it off quickly. In order to do that I needed to move a knife quickly and that meant selling it below what I probably could have got for it. If you want top dollar you have to play your cards right and wait. Im a very impatient person and simply didnt want to though I probably could have without any bad recourse. That explains why I sold it cheaply but as to why I sold it at all? I simply never used it and if I ever get a knife that just sits there I move it. It had nothing to do with the 0560 being a bad knife. They are awesome blades. But I tend have affairs with products and I move on. And since I cant afford to buy and keep every knife I want to be able to fondle I have to cycle them and the 0560 just happened to be on its way out this time around.

Back