• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

10 inch slicer

Hi so my dad likes to smoke beef brisket and he's been looking for a knife that can reach across the entire span of the brisket for a completely even cut. So I'd like to find someone that could possibly make a 10 inch blade in a wharncliffe style blade that comes down to a point. Would like it to be a stainless steel of some sort that will hold a good edge. Scales will need to be something that is kitchen appropriate. If you think it's possible let me know thanks!

Hi so my dad likes to smoke beef brisket and he's been looking for a knife that can reach across the entire span of the brisket for a completely even cut. So I'd like to find someone that could possibly make a 10 inch blade in a wharncliffe style blade that comes down to a point. Would like it to be a stainless steel of some sort that will hold a good edge. Scales will need to be something that is kitchen appropriate. If you think it's possible let me know thanks!

I can relate. I use knives like this for slicing pork bellies for bacon. But I have not made one for myself yet. It's on the list!

I can relate. I use knives like this for slicing pork bellies for bacon. But I have not made one for myself yet. It's on the list!
Let me know when you do I'd love to see it! Tired of sharpening his cheap knives.

Is there anyone else that has thoughts on this and possibly interested in making it?

I currently have a 10 inch slicer ready to ship, it is a Damascus steel twist pattern, handle is Amboyna burl, desert ironwood handle, copper mosaic pins, bronze inlay. Comes with torched poplar saya. What is your budget your looking to spend? I can make something happen for most budgets

Attachments

• received_10207665673274572.jpeg
    received_10207665673274572.jpeg
    425.8 KB · Views: 32
I currently have a 10 inch slicer ready to ship, it is a Damascus steel twist pattern, handle is Amboyna burl, desert ironwood handle, copper mosaic pins, bronze inlay. Comes with torched poplar saya. What is your budget your looking to spend? I can make something happen for most budgets

That should do it! It's beautiful. Good job

Back