10 most popular knife models in the past 5 years

I'll try my hand at this. This list is not my top ten choices, but choices that I believe could reasonably be knives that have been in the most demand. I included the cheap chinese knockoffs. I say this because they are cheap and most people don't know knives. Lets face it we are a minority.

Buck 110
Spyderco Endura
Cold Steel Voyager
Benchmade CQC7
Benchmade AFCK
Benchmade 710
Sebenza
Kabar type fixed blade
machete
cheap Spyderco knock-off

I will add the Leatherman Wave and PST and the United Cutlery/Gil Hibben Rambo III knife to my list. Believe it or not the Rambo III knife has sold in the thousands.

1. Mayo TNT
2. Mayo TNT
3. Mayo TNT
4. Mayo TNT
5. Mayo TNT
6. Mayo TNT
7. Mayo TNT
8. Mayo TNT
9. Mayo TNT
10.Mayo TNT

No BS. I am being sincere here. Opinions ARE subjective.:)

I haven't been here for five years so I don't really know about the knives that were really popular before about 2 years ago but I will give this a shot anyway.

1 MT LCC
2 BM 710
3 Sebenza
4 BM CQC7
5 Spyderco Endura and delica
6 Al Mar SERE 2000

Originally posted by Ichabod Poser
Please consider knives by Bob Terzuola. We don't often mention his part in creating the whole tactical knife craze.
Indeed! at least ONE of the most popular knife models has to be the ATCF he started crafting in the mid-eighties. He made one for me back then. Always a fine folder, and a model that stands up to muster alongside any of the recently designed tactical folders up to present.

Yeah, I know...I'm 9 short, but I'm on the west coast, damn sleepy and hitting the hay right now.

AL

It really does depend on the audience we're considering. I got a Sebenza because it's praised so often in these forums. But outside of BF, I've only met one person who even recognized what it was, and he was working in a knife shop!

In the general populace, people know SAK or nothing; others have heard of benchmade, sypderco and maybe CRKT. But the MOST POPULAR knives of all would be for the kitchen, by far.

Originally posted by John Puckett
I haven't been here for five years so I don't really know about the knives that were really popular before about 2 years ago but I will give this a shot anyway.

6 Al Mar SERE 2000

I don't think the SERE 2000 is in the top ten, or even top twenty.

It should be in the top three, however.

I should have run a report from the accounting system but I'll just make some good guesses off the cuff. I assume we mean best sellers in units not dollars and I assume we are elminating the cheap stuff that sells in pretty big unit quantities. I also left out kitchen knives which outsell everything else. Here are some of our best sellers from the past couple of years and I'm sorry that I probably forgot some:

Victorinox Executive
Leatherman Wave
Camillus Lev-R-Lok
Buck 110
CRKT M16
Cold Steel Voyager
Kabar USMC
Boker Infinity
CRKT Kiss
Spyderco Delica/Endura

All folders except for the Kabars. I guess that's right. There were some very hot products from time to time too. The Victorinox Cybertool was a runaway seller when it first hit the market but then cooled. The Gerber Covert was huge about 3 years ago. Some others that nearly made the list are the Emerson LaGriffe and CQC7, the Benchmade Ascent, the S&W SWAT, and the Buck Phenolic handled fixed blades. It seems a little unfair, though. As an example, the Sypder Delica/Endura and Cold Steel Voyager are series of knives with several SKU's but the Boker Infinity, as an example, is just a single SKU yet it sold with the best of them. Maybe one day I'll run a report from the accounting system and nail it down sku by sku. My mind is turning to mush already. Take care.

Exclueding SAKs and multi tools, these would be my guesses

Gerber LST
Gerber EZ-out
Gerber Gator
Spyderco Delica
Spyderco Endura
Sptdero Dragonfly
Buck 110
A Synthetic Buck
BM AFCK
BM mini AFCK

I am also sure that one of the big winners as far as companies go would be G Saki.

in the next ten years, i would guess knives like the meercat, chive, and, griptillions.

While I don't have exact statistics I have a good idea (based mostly on these forums) what sells well... so in no particular order:
Benchmade AFCK
Benchmade 710 McHenry & Williams
Emerson Commander
Kershaw Chive
Spyderco Endura
Buck 110
KA-BAR Traditional USMC (because most people don't realize the real one is from Camillus)
CRKT KISS (no idea why this is so popular, but it is)
Cold Steel Voyager (not sure which size is the most popular, probably the large)
Gerber Folding Gator

ok so that's 11, whatever.

Judging from what I've seen on the forums and in no particular order:
1 CRK Sebenza
2 Spyderco Endura/Delica
3 Spyderco Native
4 Buck 110/112
5 Camillus EDC
6 Mayo TNT
7 Emerson Commander
8 Emerson CQC-7
9 Microtech SOCOM
10 Microtech Lighfoot LCC

Other notables are:
CRKT Crawford/Kasper
CRKT Carson M-16
Benchmade 705/710

Paul

There seems to be two differant takes on this question.Those that see this as what knifenuts want,and those that see it as what joe sixpack wants.

What guys on the forums want is way differant as what the average knife user wants,what sells in knife shops the most is far differant than what sells in the wal-marts of the world.Who do you think sells more knives?

What knives sell the most? Cheap ones.Just like Bic and Timex sell a zillion more pieces than their high end competitors.

A gun show is a good place to see what non knife guys buy.There are a few tables of knives,some carry nice productuion knives,Spyderco,Benchmade, Emerson ect.Sure they sell a bunch of these but the knock off's sell by the box load.:(

I just go with factory knives, no particular order.

Spyderco Military
Spyderco Starmate
Spyderco Chinook
Benchmade 710 M2
CRKT KFF - Yes, poor steel but a cool affordable knife.
Camillus CQB
Microtech Soccom
Spyderco Endura (New VG-10 model)
Spyderco Civillian
Kershaw Random Task
Kershaw Boa
Rekat Sifu

Drumroll please,

Just picked up a copy of a mag. called Folders Fantastic( by BLADE). Has BR Hughes with list of factory and custom folders.

BR Hughes: Top 10 folders of All time

CUSTOM
Dick atkinson
Clyde Fischer two blade
HH Frank
Ron Lake original interlock
Roger Massey folding hunter
Bill Moran
Ron Newton's Angel Wings folder
Leon "Worm" Pittman
Bill Scagel
Steve Schwarzer

PRODUCTION
Blackjack Mamba
Buck 110
Colt Barry Wood
Gerber Paul
Kershaw Folding Field
Al Mar
Opinel
AG Russel
SOG autoclip
SAK

there are 3 other list that I will post if any are interested by Jeffery Harris, Johnny Perry and Jim Williamson

Back