1095 Steel Wharncliffe (sold, thanks!)

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
I recently finished up this big and fast wharnie in 1095 steel. It was actually the first 1095 blade I ever made but wound up sitting in a drawer for a good while... recently I did some testing with it and was very impressed. I reground the bevel to a very thin and slicey edge and decided it was too cool to keep!

It is a larger knife yet very light. Sharp! :D

.125" thick 1095 Steel
~8.5" long
~3.75" Blade; 4-5/8" handle
Flat Chisel Grind
Desert Camo Wrap - Epoxy soaked
Comes with Kydex - teklok compatible sheath with removable hardware for versatility and ease of cleaning

Hand Made in the USA!

Sold, Thanks! - I prefer paypal for payment, my paypal address is danielfairlyknives @ gmail.com (take out the spaces) Please include a note with paypal including "1095 wharncliffe" and your your screen name. Please make sure your address is current, it helps us a lot with shipping. International shipping is extra.

Just let me know if you have any questions! I back all of my work

Sorry about the lint! :D Check the thin edge... cutting geometry!

Chamfered spine for comfort

Last edited:
IMWilson: I'm with you! i've been lurking around this sale thread since last night when i found it posted up.

Daniel: what made you go with such a long handle?

Also I'm looking for some elaboration on this whole "flexible" thing, Daniel. I'm listening...

IMWilson: I'm with you! i've been lurking around this sale thread since last night when i found it posted up.

Daniel: what made you go with such a long handle?

Longer handle... more variety. I consider 4.5" a standard full sized handle but like to mix it up.

This design has been used a fair bit for reverse grip carry on the hip, IWB style. The handle is comfortable in many grips...

Also I'm looking for some elaboration on this whole "flexible" thing, Daniel. I'm listening...

If I know you from here I can usually work things out. I try to do this for anyone but especially people that I see here often.

Great looking warnie and with that thin edge it will cut like razor!:thumbup:

I'm saving my allowance for a steel backpacker, but this is tempting. Nice work!

The steel Backpackers are a few projects away but I can't wait! I'm hoping to get to some going as soon as I can.

I'm thinking CPM154...

Ooh that sounds interesting - I like the look of the TI version, but would love one in steel - will have to start putting some money away now

Ooh that sounds interesting - I like the look of the TI version, but would love one in steel - will have to start putting some money away now

Hey thanks!

I'd like to do the Backpacker and Legal EDC in CPM-154 as soon as I get a chance.

Is the handle drilled for scale mounting as well or just flat? Is the whole bevel sharpened or is there a smaller secondary (the ground side)? Looks to be full flat on the the other side, nice chisel grind!

Ive been looking for something like this for a while.

Is the handle drilled for scale mounting as well or just flat? Is the whole bevel sharpened or is there a smaller secondary (the ground side)? Looks to be full flat on the the other side, nice chisel grind!

Ive been looking for something like this for a while.

Thanks!

Handle drilled - it should be drilled for 1/4" pins or tubes, I forget how it looked exactly

There is a secondary bevel, just small so it is hard to see. It is on the main bevel side so it is a "true" chisel grind.

The wrap is epoxy soaked just to let you know. Everything has been rounded for comfort, some shadowboxed scales might be nice.

Hi Daniel,

Bringing this thread back from the dead. :thumbup:

Do you have any other blades like this?

Thanks

Back