1st Friday Production Updates

I will be sure to post each of our production updates in this thread, as they happen.

Here is October's update: eepurl.com/4Sjkj

If you click that link you're taken to a page with our newsletter but there are a few other options on that page. You can translate the newsletter using the link in the top left corner. There is also the RSS link, but I honestly don't know what that means. On the top right you can subscribe to the email list, share it on social networking, and check out all of our past newsletters. Well at least the 2014 ones.

RSS link is for those who use "feed" type apps that pull from various sites or podcasts.

Very much looking forward to the Scandi grind GSO 4.1. And SHEATHS!

Not exactly a 1st Friday but I wanted to make sure you guys know what is going on and why I haven't been around the past few days.

The SURVIVE! Workshop is going to be closed this week. Here is a bit more information:

- Ordering will be turned off until October 27th when we will be back in the shop to make sure everything is going smoothly.
- We did our best to get as many knives as possible packed over the weekend. Any existing orders will ship out next week.
- There will be no one here to answer the phone but emails will be monitored as we have time.
- We will be in Idaho looking for properties that have insulation, running water, a working toilet, and other useful amenities we've been missing out on. We are going to be active on the social medias so if you want to check out what we are up to head over to Facebook, instagram, and twitter. You don't have to have an account to see the posts.

I will try to be over here sometime tomorrow to see what I've missed!

We will be in Idaho looking for properties that have insulation, running water, a working toilet, and other useful amenities we've been missing out on.

I hope you check out the Boise area. We have those amenities, and sometimes even electricity, lol :)

Thank you guys for getting my 4.1 sheath out to me prior to the temporary shutdown.
'preciate it.

Not exactly a 1st Friday but I wanted to make sure you guys know what is going on and why I haven't been around the past few days.

The SURVIVE! Workshop is going to be closed this week. Here is a bit more information:

- Ordering will be turned off until October 27th when we will be back in the shop to make sure everything is going smoothly.
- We did our best to get as many knives as possible packed over the weekend. Any existing orders will ship out next week.
- There will be no one here to answer the phone but emails will be monitored as we have time.
- We will be in Idaho looking for properties that have insulation, running water, a working toilet, and other useful amenities we've been missing out on. We are going to be active on the social medias so if you want to check out what we are up to head over to Facebook, instagram, and twitter. You don't have to have an account to see the posts.

I will try to be over here sometime tomorrow to see what I've missed!

I'll second that vote for Boise. Great city.

Thanks for the update and good luck finding a new property

What do you mean by "GSO-4.1 and GSO-5.1: blades are being refinished"? Are you making changes to the knifes?

Thanks, Ellie. The communication in all forms is appreciated. Best wishes with the move and the work that goes along with it!

Thanks for the update and good luck finding a new property

What do you mean by "GSO-4.1 and GSO-5.1: blades are being refinished"? Are you making changes to the knifes?

Some of the blades needed some extra attention for one reason or another. Wavy spines from laser cutting, significant machine marks showing through the tumble, etc. We did what we could to get them cleaned up and they are getting retumbled.

Here is another update to help get some important information out there for everyone: http://eepurl.com/8kgKv

Last edited:
Back