1st Friday Production Updates

Thanks for the updates, Ellie.

Perhaps I should quit my job in neurosurgery and start bending kydex for a living.

I don't bend kydex for a living.................

Since you're here, I have this intermittent sharp pain above my right eye.............

Sorry, I am a bit confused.
The 4.7 preorders are still being worked from orders at least as far back as June 2015. (15 months ago) and have 4.7 presales yet.
Ellie mentioned there is a big order of 4.1's that have to be made.. "There are a LOT of orders for these so it is going to take some time to get through all of them"

Survive! also mentioned they are hopping to get out the 7/7's this fall. Something don't add up.

How can Survive finish the 4.7s presale/preorders, 2.7 orders, and then a big order of 4.1's and get the 7/7s out in a couple of months? Math based on past/current lead-times doesn't add up. If it's taking 15 months and counting for just the 4.7.. and you have the remaining 4.7s,then 2.1, then a BIG lengthy order of 4.1s, how can the 7/7 be anywhere even close to this year?
Please don't get mad at me, I'm just asking.

Last edited:
To be clear, when I answered Silver's question, it was simply that, an answer given to a question asked.

Sorry, I am a bit confused.......*snip*.......Please don't get mad at me, I'm just asking.

Why would you ask anything here after disregarding every comment made by every regular member of this subforum as fanboys? I don't necessarily disagree with every point you have to make, but the passive-aggressive way you go about it is wearisome.

To be clear, when I answered Silver's question, it was simply that, an answer given to a question asked.

Why would you ask anything here after disregarding every comment made by every regular member of this subforum as fanboys? I don't necessarily disagree with every point you have to make, but the passive-aggressive way you go about it is wearisome.

Say whaaa?
Sorry, but you must have me confused with someone else. I never called anyone here or elsewhere or disregarded anyone here or elsewhere as "fanboys".

I wasn't trying to make a point above, I was asking a question.. I am confused, as the math didn't seem to add for getting a 7/7 in 2016 and wondering if I missed something.

Last edited:
Well, ok then your lying for whatever reason.. less you can show proof I called anyone a fanboy..

Please don't let this progress. I'm sure everyone remembers the reason for the disagreement but let's keep it out of this subforum.

ETA- Sorry, couldn't take my own advice.

Last edited:
Well, ok then your lying for whatever reason.. less you can show proof I called anyone a fanboy..

Passive aggressiveness is the way of the coward. You clearly showed your feeling about Survive! in this thread. http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1399221-What-is-reasonable-and-legal/page17

If you don't like the company, please see your way out of this subforum sir. If you don't care for the reception, you may need to consider that the flaw is within you and not the others here. Hard Knocks is a valued, and valuable person here.

I tried to report the troll multiple times..you know what I found? Multiple redirections so you'd never talk to an actual mod. Pathetic. Crucify that mofrackey!3

Passive aggressiveness is the way of the coward. You clearly showed your feeling about Survive! in this thread. http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1399221-What-is-reasonable-and-legal/page17

If you don't like the company, please see your way out of this subforum sir. If you don't care for the reception, you may need to consider that the flaw is within you and not the others here. Hard Knocks is a valued, and valuable person here.

Thanks but wasn't asking for a personality critique or for your permission. I was asking a legitimate question asked respectful on the timing of the 7/7.

Please don't let this progress. I'm sure everyone remembers the reason for the disagreement but let's keep it out of this subforum.

ETA- Sorry, couldn't take my own advice.

You are 100% right grogimus and I apologize. I will try to do my best not to do that again, and will instead handle the situation this way: Since we don't have an active moderator, I will report every post mlmcasual makes that attempts to troll off topic.

Please stop trying to start a flame war. I don't know what your personal problem is, but I was asking a question on 7/7 timing that has nothing to do with you and is hardly trolling. Pretty easy to call someone a coward over the net, not so easy in person. Grow up, man up, and grow some thicker skin. And If you don't like legit questions please Don't post flames.

Lots of 4.1s (3 for me!) almost ready. They'll start shipping as soon as sheaths are in and 2.7s are shipped. 7/7s to follow. Twice as many hands to expedite the process nowadays. Ellie's estimate might well prove accurate.

In a world as insanely self-destructive as ours has become it's a joy to have something good to look forward to.

Last edited:
Lots of 4.1s (3 for me!) almost ready. They'll start shipping as soon as sheaths are in and 2.7s are shipped. 7/7s to follow. Twice as many hands to expedite the process nowadays. Ellie's estimate might well prove accurate.

In a world as insanely self-destructive as ours has become it's a joy to have something good to look forward to.

You have THREE 4.1's on order?

Nice!

I'm really interested to try the 2.7, but I have to say the 4.1 is what I'm looking forward to the very most............. even if I only have ONE coming my way ;)

Sorry, I am a bit confused.
The 4.7 preorders are still being worked from orders at least as far back as June 2015. (15 months ago) and have 4.7 presales yet.
Ellie mentioned there is a big order of 4.1's that have to be made.. "There are a LOT of orders for these so it is going to take some time to get through all of them"

Survive! also mentioned they are hopping to get out the 7/7's this fall. Something don't add up.

How can Survive finish the 4.7s presale/preorders, 2.7 orders, and then a big order of 4.1's and get the 7/7s out in a couple of months? Math based on past/current lead-times doesn't add up. If it's taking 15 months and counting for just the 4.7.. and you have the remaining 4.7s,then 2.1, then a BIG lengthy order of 4.1s, how can the 7/7 be anywhere even close to this year?
Please don't get mad at me, I'm just asking.

I've been trying to figure out where anyone from SURVIVE! said the GSO-7/7 would be out this fall. I am sure that at one point in time we had hoped that they would be out by fall, but I doubt we made any guarantees on that. Even so, those should be starting to ship out this fall. I'm highlighting some parts in my post which will help to explain how the GSO-7/7 will be ready sooner, rather than later.

The facts, as they stand in this moment:

Production:
- As Hale mentioned, we produce way more than what has actually been preordered. There can be a high proportion of scrap and Factory 2nds in every run so making a lot gives us wiggle room. Though we will scrap an entire run (fortunately we don't have to do that very often). Once we have the blades, have done an initial QC, and set aside preorders, some of the remaining good blades get listed as presale orders. After all of those "pre____s" ship out, the rest of the production run will be available through Monday sales.
- "A couple of months" was definitely meant as more of around a "couple months, [not half a year or more]" as Timbo mentioned, rather than an "exactly XX number of days" but looking at the current schedule I don't see us being too far off of the more literal version.
- All models were made available at the same time during the starter so one model doesn't necessarily have precedence over another. Once we have the materials for a particular model, we will start working our way through those preorders.

GSO-4.7:
- We are [still] working on GSO-4.7 preorders. Remember how the GSO-5.1s were a bit beat up from being the first blades in this new production line? Well there were still some things getting worked out during the GSO-4.7 production as well. The result, they are being a royal pain to put together, so it is slow going.
- GSO-4.7 Cru Forge V orders are built. Those are shipping out in batches, about once a week, depending on when Guy gets a bunch sharpened.
- The presale orders for the GSO-4.7 will be going out once the preorders are completed.

GSO-2.7:
- Every so often, Guy throws in a stack of GSO-2.7s while working on the GSO-4.7. They are faster on all accounts: the small size means the surface finishing and sharpening are quick, they go together really well, and there are a lot less orders for them.
- So we are currently working our way through the GSO-2.7 preorders and expect to have them all out relatively quickly.
- The GSO-2.7 presales will start shipping after those have all gone out.

GSO-4.1:
- We have a very small batch of good sample sheaths. Every so often Guy gets excited and throws one of those blades in the mix.
- So far, they also go together really well.
- There are a LOT of orders for these so it is going to take some time to get through all of them.

Also, we MIGHT have a workshop apprentice which could POSSIBLY take some of the work off Guy, speeding things up even more. Time will tell on that one.

Back