1st Friday Production Updates

Now that Guy is back to selling to Retailers, I'll have to keep an eye out for a 5.1 3v delta. No fuss no muss.

Well, if someone has been banned from ordering from S!K directly, he/she can try to get one from Edgeworks *shrug*
Otherwise, it's off to the dishonesty and scalping of ebay regulars (not all of them) or hold fast to your condemnation of S!K as a "ponzi scheme" while others enjoy theirs :)

5.1s in D3V probably won't begin production for a LONG time seeing as the 4.7s, 4.1s, 7/7s, 3.5s, 12s, 6s, 4.5s, 10s, and 8s are all in front of them for production...

Not that the current 5.1s aren't awesome as-is, I have yet to even roll the edge on my 5.1 despite cutting through sheet metal and the like :eek: Maybe I'll start using it in preference to my wire cutters for some of the other stuff around here ;) :p

Last edited:
Well, if someone has been banned from ordering from S!K directly, he/she can try to get one from Edgeworks *shrug*
Otherwise, it's off to the dishonesty and scalping of ebay regulars (not all of them) or hold fast to your condemnation of S!K as a "ponzi scheme" while others enjoy theirs :)

5.1s in D3V probably won't begin production for a LONG time seeing as the 4.7s, 4.1s, 7/7s, 3.5s, 12s, 6s, 4.5s, 10s, and 8s are all in front of them for production...

Not that the current 5.1s aren't awesome as-is, I have yet to even roll the edge on my 5.1 despite cutting through sheet metal and the like :eek: Maybe I'll start using it in preference to my wife cutters for some of the other stuff around here ;) :p

Your "wife cutters"...?

First Monday Update for November 4th ,2016.

Current Production:
GSO-4.7: Preorders are on schedule to ship out next week. Presales will be shipping out in the following weeks.

The last of the GSO-2.7 preorders from the SURVIVE! Starter Campaign are also being shipped next week. The remaining preorders and presale orders will be shipping out in regular batches.

GSO-4.1 materials are in the SURVIVE! Workshop and orders will be starting to be built over the next few weeks, as blades are through our finishing steps.

The GSO-7/7 blades will also be starting to work their way through our finishing processes, while we wait for sheaths to be pressed.

Cutting is scheduled to start for the GSO-3.5 in December.
Future Production:
Production is scheduled to continue in the following order:
GSO-12
GSO-6
GSO-4.5 Bushcraft
GSO-10
GSO-8
The following knives will be added to the Production Schedule as soon as we have steel to start cutting them out:
GSO-5.1
Necker and Necker II
SURVIVE! News:

Some of our long time customers will remember a batch of GSO-4.1 Scandi ground knives that Guy wasn't happy with. Those blades have been able to get some work as test samples or paperweights, but we decided it was about time they lost some weight and went out to get themselves a real job. Guy was able to re-tune the design and they are looking great. Those blades just finished at production grinding and will be heading to heat treating shortly.

Sounds like things are moving along nicely these days.

Shipping out some knives as they're completed. Hope to ship some more out after those. Got it.

It's February 2017!

Current Production:

Most GSO-2.7 Preorders have shipped, the few that remain are being finished up over this weekend. Presale orders will be shipping out over the next few weeks.

GSO-4.1 Preorders are being finished out, shipping notices coming soon!

We will be working on the GSO-7/7 Preorders alongside GSO-4.1 orders.

GSO-4 Limited blades are in our workshop, where Guy is doing any necessary hand grinding before they head to heat treating.

The GSO-3.5 is at production grinding.

The SURVIVE! Workshop is also working on Weekly Sales and "90 Day" GSO-4.7 orders. We will be fulfilling those in the order that they are due.

I'm soooo hoping the 6 or 8 months on the GSO 4 LEs means the 3.5's will be starting to drop later this year. That's on my must have list!

Good news for the new spec 4.1s perhaps... I ordered my 2.7 on the last day of preorders, and it arrived today. I should have been near last in line... Bring on the 4.1s!!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Moving right along:thumbup:

Looking forward to a shipping notice on a 4.1!
It really will be a glorious day when these (especially mine :D) go out!

I'm soooo hoping the 6 or 8 months on the GSO 4 LEs means the 3.5's will be starting to drop later this year. That's on my must have list!
I wonder how the LE's will fit into the overall production schedule. I wonder if they'll fit in line as rigidly as the regular models. Regardless, I'm excited for you and your future 3.5!

Good news for the new spec 4.1s perhaps... I ordered my 2.7 on the last day of preorders, and it arrived today.
The sales categories are starters, pre-orders, pre-sales, and weekly sales (mostly for seconds) so there could still be a significant number of knives in the queue.
Still, every knife shipped is progress! :thumbup:

Back