1st Friday Production Updates

Not sure I understand how the recent changes have made any changes. Still no hard dates on anything including the SK versions, just an order of operations. I thought the SK's were being completed out of house, so not getting the TBD on the SK-3.5, doesn't anyone give anyone hard deadlines?

Guy did update the GSO-3.5 very slightly. We have noticed some recurring problems with the primary bevels and believe some of Guy's designs are testing the limitations of the machine that is used to grind the bevels. This has led to a lot of blades either needing hand work to be fixed, or they get sold as Factory 2nds. In order to try and get more good blades out of the GSO-3.5 run Guy made some small updates to the bevel to make it easier for the machine. No changes were made to any other part of the GSO-3.5 and the revisions are very subtle. Here is a picture of the updated blade:

I'm trying to understand the difference in layman terms here. Is it just the height from the spine to the primary grind of .43"? If so what was the original measurement of the flats?

I haven't posted here in a long time but this is getting old. 1st, the implementation strategy in production was not well thought out, if Sk have done their homework on prototyping before going full on production, these nuisances would have been avoided. Of course, I understand that vendors can make mistakes but this production change could have been avoided if prototyped properly. I trust that Sk will deliver but waiting more than 3 years for a knife that's been paid full is not a good business move.

I'm considering getting the GSO 6 . Will they give me a full refund if i cancel the order due to wait time

^^ How about reading the info on their website: http://surviveknives.com/gso-6/

Disclaimer:
- You are not required to purchase a kydex sheath with your order but it is HIGHLY recommended that you do so.
- We do not have a set delivery date for preordered knives, be sure to sign up for our newsletter to receive regular production updates.
- If you decide to cancel your order, there will be a 10% restocking fee

What's being restocked?
Blade, handle scales, sheath. However since some of those items might not exist yet on a preorder, perhaps they could change the wording to be more applicable? Processing refunds also costs time and money. *shrug* makes no difference, the fee exists and discourages ordering with uncertainty.

I don't agree with the 10% charge so I did not order one . On top of them making money on something they don't have they still want my 10% on something they don't have . What a joke .:mad::poop:

Even if the knife has not been made, the records still have to be updated. Secretaries cost money. The fully burdened labor rate is usually $150 an hour. So if it takes 15 minutes to pull the ticket, cancel it, and update the system, that costs the company about $40 bucks. Ergo the fee.
("fully burdened" means paying for all the ancillary costs in addition to the secretary's salary. Things like taxes, insurance, power bill, etc.)

In industry such things are commonly called a "restocking fees".

I see what you are saying . In my opinion it should be more like if after six month you haven't received your knife you can cancel your order . thats costumer service .

Last edited:
I received this via email:

SURVIVE! News:

Did you know yesterday was actually a Friday?! Apologies for the delay in getting this out to you, I completely lost track of time. -Ellie

Current Production:

• The very last of the GSO-2.7 Presale orders will be shipped out over the next couple of weeks.
  • We are also working on GSO-4.1 and GSO-7/7 Preorders as well as Factory 2nds. The GSO-4.1 was by far our most popular preorder and there are a lot of them. We're working diligently and appreciate your patience as we get through these.
  • The GSO-4 Limited blades are back in the SURVIVE! Workshop! Sheaths are on order and those blades will be worked into the finishing steps in small batches over the next few months.
  • The GSO-3.5 / SK-3.5 production run has arrived at grinding.
  • GSO-12 / SK-12 and GSO-6 / SK-6 are on the schedule and will start cutting ASAP.
Future Production:
  • The GSO-4.5 Bushcraft and GSO-10 will be the next models available for a last chance preorder. We will also be opening a preorder for the first run of those SK variants, to gauge interest levels.
  • Production is scheduled to continue in the following order:
  • Additional models will be added to the production schedule once these are further along. This includes the Necker, Necker II, and GSO-4.7.

Last edited:
S sryt95 thanks for sharing the good word.

I understand they're nowhere near the horizon, but I'm excited to see a mention of a D3V 4.7.

I really want to see the 2.7, 4.1 and 7/7 move it move it now that a new plan is in place.

Oh lord, it's really hard to support this company. They keep taking orders more than they can take and then cancellation fee is 10%? Guy needs to take some Bussiness management classes.

Oh lord, it's really hard to support this company. They keep taking orders more than they can take and then cancellation fee is 10%? Guy needs to take some Bussiness management classes.
True. It's pretty much like saying I can make and sell you a $1,000,000 car for 3/4 the price but the wait time is uncertain but should not be too long. Then product never materialize going 2-3 years down the road, way pass the expected wait time, but there would be a $50,000 cancellation fee if you cancel.

It's been so long but since I placed my pre-order survive knives but I could have sworn I didn't see the 10% cancellation fee warning during the preorder.

Last edited:
It's a win win for them even if they don't sell you a knife they make money .

Back