1st GAW for KREW MEMBERS ONLY

Great! This will be interesting!! I've worked removing trees for over six years now. :D It is an interesting job to say the least.

Nope not Hurt, this one ends tomorrow so get in on it Krew and will have pics and maybe a Vid for the winner selection process should be fun as long as I do not impale anyone while throwing some pointy objects.

And yes Zemapeli tree work can be interesting, except for aerial rescue and the time's during hurricane Gloria, when we had to inspect why 5 people were killed trying to remove tree's last one really sucked as we had to release a man stuck in crotch of tree on roof as he said his last goodbye's to his wife prior to be released, then he bled out. So of the 5 two homeowners that did not want to spend the money and 3 landscapers who became tree guys after the Hurricane hit,never fails very lucky and very good at when I was a younger man now just a crazy old bastard with alot of sharp pointy things I have fun with.

Last edited:
very lucky and very good at when I was a younger man now just a crazy old bastard with alot of sharp pointy things I have fun with.

This is what I want to be when I grow up :D I'd like to think I got a good start haha!

Words to live by folks.

Out here in Michigan; the weather, mixed with the fact there is so many trees makes for lots of tree work. In winter we get heavy lake effect snow which breaks trees (sometimes one to two feet at a time during severe storms) Living so close to lake Michigan also means we get some fairly nasty storms on occasion. Our chipper was made for use down in the southern states for hurricane cleanup and can take logs up to just over two feet in diameter. We were taking one to six trees per day out this summer. We almost never see even tornados out here. Aerial rescue sounds pretty rough. The most that I have done like that is climb, bucket truck, cut trees down off roofs, and had one incident where a tree fell into someone's bathroom and we were in the bathroom with a Stihl 660 with a 20+ inch bar cutting the tree up. I always carry a knife on me when working in case I need to cut a rope or open a package. It keeps me going at work as well to pick up something new each month for EDC haha.

Good luck everyone and thanks for being a crazy old fart nuto!!!
Foaming at the mouth to see this one!

thanks for being a crazy old fart nuto!!!
Foaming at the mouth to see this one!

No Problem and in case you did not get on this one going to extend and keep it rolling, can not say that all selections will be as good as the first but hey you never know, as the old saying goes never say never,2 hours 28 minutes this 1 ends for the first selection

Ok Moose was a no show and a good thing as unfortunately a close friend lost his Dad over the weekend and had to put this off for the weekend, will get my fat ass up the tree this weekend and get this one done cause I love me some fun and everyone loves them some free steel, Stay Tuned

KEEP EM SHARP

Sorry to hear about your friend's Father.Take your time on the GAW. We're not going anywhere.

Sorry to hear that, your def doing a good thing. Take care of you and yours #1. You know we knuckleheads are gonna be around. Smoke and prayers brother.

:( sorry to hear the news. My condolences for the loss. Smoke and prayers!

Thanks for the well wishes everyone and will be heading up tomorrow and get this one done (weather permitting)

Alright! Gonna have a really busy day...horseback riding this morning then the whole Halloween deal. I'll be watching. Best of luck all!

I really hope nutoknives didn't fall out of that tree...

Back