2.7 Sheath Giveaway

A 7/7 and a 4.1 should be showing up tomorrow, I got to watch a tornado without getting blown off to Oz by it today, life is good for the moment. Here's free stuff to commemorate the day. I wanted to figure out how to make pocket carry clip style sheaths and these two 2.7 sheaths were the result, I just don't need them both.

The rules are simple, just post a photograph of your 2.7 and you're in. I'll use a random number generator to pick the winner and it'll be on its way. The only caveat is that if I suspect the entry isn't genuine I reserve the right to not consider it. Uploading your photo to Instagram and tagging #surviveknives won't give you brownie points but you should do it anyways.

Here's the boring technical stuff about each, just skip to the pictures if you'd like. Each is made from 8-9oz veg tanned leather from RJF Leather, hand sewn with tiger thread, one is dyed with Fiebing's dark brown antique gel the other is just Fiebing's black dye. Both were finished inside and out with Tan-Kote, the outer portion also has a couple of coats of Montana Pitch Blend. The brown one has a basket weave on one side and my logo carved in ridiculously large on the other side. The black one is much plainer with a smaller logo cut in and it really demonstrates why I need to get the logo made into a stamp. :D The brown one has a clip from Jantz, the black one has a clip from Paul Long. The retention on the Jantz clip isn't as good as the other clip but it can be drawn from the pocket without removing the sheath along with it, especially when wearing something thicker like blue jeans.

vDATPqq.jpg

zOZu6mc.jpg

I'll let this go till Saturday June (whoops, July) 8th and pick a winner some time that afternoon. Feel free to add more than one photo but only one entry will be eligible per person.

Last edited:
June 8th of which year? :p

Will my Ex's 2.7 also count? ;)

If there's a dead mouse in your sheath when it shows up it wasn't me, someone at the post office must have opened up the package, stuck it in there, and sealed it back up.

Thanks for pointing the month out!

Mouse?! I can find those in here. If you want to spiff me, send me something exclusive from your neck of the woods. Like Gypster claw :)

And you're welcome!

34796969554_3b71519301_o_d.jpg

I posted this photo in the 4.1 thread, but since it also has my 2.7s in the shot, I'll get extra mileage out of it. :)

Thanks for such generosity and a great idea!

I'm waiting for my mail call for my 2.7 today. Thanks Grog for the generosity! I'll post up a pic later to put my hat in the ring :)

Dear Mr. Grogimus,
Thank you very much for your giveaway. I very much appreciate your spirit of generosity and fun. Good luck to all!
IMG_0510.JPG.jpeg

WOOHOO!!!!!

THANK YOU, Grog! This truly is awesome!

I ended up choosing black to match my black handled 2.7. Pics will be included in my follow up!

Thanks again! You are the coolest guy around!

You say that now, wait till you see that ugly cut in logo. :D Grats dude, hope it works well for ya.

BiBPnuZ.jpg

CtT1gsu.jpg

Check it out! I got my prize today and it is pretty dang sweet. I said this months ago for other reasons, but Grog really is the most giving and generous guy I've encountered on Bladeforums. I'm sure anyone who has interacted with him even a moderate amount would agree. Thanks, Grog, for the giveaway, I love my new sheath!

Nothing else would do to release it from the box.
Wqc6bHd.jpg

The fit with the 2.7 is really nice. It stays in place if I hold it upside down. It is easy to draw and resheath with one hand.
N4y4dF7.jpg

What up, Gypsy?!? Someday when Grog is selling a bunch of sheaths and using a fancy logo stamp, I'll get to brag that I have a hand carved logo sheath :D
YHCj1jj.jpg

This is going to be super handy to have easy access to in a front or cargo pocket when I'm working in the yard or getting a fire ready.

I might opt to put this set up in my cargo pocket if I needed to have my phone or something else in my front pocket. It carries there just fine.
37flriK.jpg

Having this profile of a sheath in my front pocket really will work best if I need to have quick and regular access to it. The clip is really nice and between the clip style and the leather, I don't see it eating away at my pants or shorts material. If I resheath with a push them when I go to pull the knife out again, the sheath wants to come with it... at least with these cargo shorts. This is easily fixed with a slight thumb push on the sheath when I need the blade. Given the choice, is much rather have it this way than to have the clip too aggressive or hard to clip onto my pocket.
zPlocqz.jpg

THANK YOU, GROG, YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
If you love your pocket clip sheath, I wouldn't mind if you send some hearty thanks my way because I lit a fire up Grog's arse by telling him that he was falling behind as compared to someone else who was marking up Grog's territory. That was the impetus, I guess :confused:

Back