• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

2 knives (115W8/Walnut & CFV/Purple Heart)

First knife up for grabs is a small 6" knife in 1.2442 (115W8) tool steel. Itl is very close in composition to Hitachi Blue 2. Some have labeled it German Blue 1.5, a good comparison! Hardened and tempered for a final HRC of 64-65. The handle is Turkish Walnut, the last piece in my shop (with black g10 liners and black micarta pins) . Sharpened at a low 10° per side with a final touch on the DMT EEF stone, it is very sharp.

OAL: 6" (152.4mm)
Blade: 2 3/4" (69.9mm)
Handle: 3 1/4" (82.6mm)
Thickness: 0.100" (2.5mm)
Steel: 115W8 (1.2442) @ 64-65HRC
Edge: ~20° inclusive, EEF DiaSharp

EDC1_zpsasywwj4y.jpg

fb1a97e7-5678-4604-98ee-9e116ee82315_zps7tm4695h.jpg

Knife comes with Kydex sheath/metal belt clip and free shipping in the USA. Only SOLD. Paypal preferred (samuraistuart@yahoo.com), but I will take a check and ship the knife once it's cleared.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second knife is in the awesome Crucible Cru Forge V steel! Hardened and tempered for a Rockwell "C" reading of 63. Even with DMT DiaSharp diamond plates, it took a lot longer to sharpen than your basic carbon steels, no doubt due to the relatively high vanadium content. Even hand sanding CFV is no fun chore, especially at a higher Rockwell hardness. Brass pins, no liners. The handle is, of course, Purple Heart. Taken to 1200 grit then a coat of wax. No oil, in order to keep the purple bright.

OAL: 7 3/8" (187.3mm)
Blade: 3 1/8" (79.4mm)
Handle: 4 1/4" (108mm)
Thickness: 0.103" (2.6mm)
Steel: Cru Forge V @ 63HRC
Edge: ~30° inclusive, 1200 mesh diamond

Purple1_zpsimtclvrx.jpg

Purple2_zpsfclbe0mf.jpg

(odd reflection near tip in second photo)

Knife comes with kydex sheath/metal belt clip and free shipping in the USA. Only $139.

Paypal preferred (samuraistuart@yahoo.com), but I will take a check and ship the knife once it's cleared.

Thanks for looking! A special "Thank you" to all of my customers! Follow me on Instagram: stuartalandavenport.

Last edited:
I am absolutely in love with the Turkish walnut one. Very classy. If it's still there in a few days I just might have to take it myself, though I don't expect it will be. Excellent workmanship.

Not seeing specs other than price for the second knife, CFV/purple heart.

BTW still love the CFV kephart model I got from you. On my hip today!

Back