• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

2 slipjoints - new design

Well I figured why not try a slipjoint? So here are my first two available. These were very satisfying to make

Background on the design. This pattern is modeled after a fixed blade I own by Howard Hitchmough called a – slim hunter. I created this pattern by permission and made my folding knife version.

This design will evolve as I get feedback and make improvements. Also will make adjustments and improvements to the half –stop. Currently on these two, the spring is 1095 steel, generally flush in open and closed positions. The pull is comfortable on both. The blades are hand forged and will show forging marks. Full flat grinds make these both thin slicers

First is a (dark) burgundy micarta with black G10 liners. Polished blade of forged laminated Hitachi white steel.

OAL – 7 ¾”
Blade – 3 1/16”
Handle 4 1/2” (closed)
Spine - .10 thick
Handle thickness - < ½”
This comes with a simple leather slip case
This one has a stiffer spring than the black one
Asking price is $225

Second is the same in black micarta with stainless liners. etched blade of forged laminated Hitachi white steel.

OAL – 7 5/8”
Blade – 3 ¼”
Handle 4 ¼” (closed)
Spine - .09 thick
Handle thickness - .41”
Asking price is $225 SOLD
This also comes with a simple leather slip case
This has a milder spring feel and you can open it by pinching the blade with your finder

A note on my blades, I make thin hard edges, they won’t withstand abuse or misuse, they will simply chip out. But if you want a very sharp cutting knife that stays sharp and is easy to sharpen, you will be very pleased.

Paypal is most convenient and preferred.

Int’l customers welcome, shipping to be quoted.

I welcome your comments

229267C0-4564-4AC3-ABCF-3922D2DCBF0C_zpsdqwo4nqi.jpg

C60817F9-F5C0-4843-B63B-5C9C4F43C7A1_zpsh6oxu0cr.jpg

668b4b5a-d128-4ff6-9b5c-19aca814466c_zpsh3hwnnvx.jpg

6FA909C4-451F-4655-8FAC-DF3771B43D98_zpspjif85db.jpg

sample sheath

43B3FCE5-7A9A-4C20-B603-D1D12E8006C1_zpsajvubcu3.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice! Looks like a fine alternative to an SBJ sort of working knife, with just enough finesse and elegance to be called "attractive"! Wish I had the coin...

Great looking folder! You are the only one on the forum doing hand forged San Mai blades in slipjoints. The word will spread. Has a classic look with the hand forged blade setting it apart from the rest. After seeing all the rest, might as well have the best!

Back