2007 NWA Forum Knife Joins the Family!!

BOSS1

Gold Member
Greetings all,

Recently acquired an excellent condition NWA 2007 forum knife via trade with another forum member (thanks man). It's outstanding, and I'm starting to study the history on it a bit. Plan at this point is it will paired with another similar NWA I've got and they'll passed on to my little ones when they're ready to join Dad on the trail (along with his own H.O.S.S. model). In any event, thought I'd share. If anyone knows the full story on the Forum knives, please chime in.

Hopefully this thread will motivate some more orders to get sent Nick's way too!!

Enjoy,
BOSS

Attachments

• NWA3X7_33.jpg
    NWA3X7_33.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 73
  • NWA3X7_32.jpg
    NWA3X7_32.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 73
  • NWA3X7_42.jpg
    NWA3X7_42.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 74
  • NWA3X7_44.jpg
    NWA3X7_44.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 68
  • NWA3X7_75.jpg
    NWA3X7_75.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Very nice score! As to the forum knife story, I might just know a thing or two about that ;)

Myself and tarmix101 got the ball rolling for a W&SS forum knife back in early 2007. We both put the feelers out for both knifemakers and forum members to see what we could come up with. I had really taken a fancy to Nick's work, and I asked him to tweak a couple of the models that he had already made and we came up with this pattern. He sent me the prototype to play with (which I oif course bought from him right away!) and took it out for testing. That thread is around somewhere too but I can't find it right now. But here is the original thread introducing Nick's knife
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/473555-NWA-forum-knife-design?highlight=nick+allen

And here is the order thread. I can't remember how many he ended up making but the waiting list grew rapidly!
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...forum-knife-ordering-etc?highlight=nick+allen

Still love the knife to this day, and have had it as my avatar pic ever since I got it.

Good stuff! You're lucky to score an original. The W&SS Forum Knife threads are what got me intrigued in Nick's work, and led me to order a Sierra Scout of my own a few years after the initial offering. :thumbup:

I'm seriously considering asking Nick if he'd make me one in a solid stainless.

I still love seeing that original picture, compared to what my knife looks like today. Also interesting to see the original price, I always told Nick that $150 was a steal!

That´s a real good score!!!
And this knife looks awesome!
Congrats on that catch!

Great score! I love my forum knife, and perhaps this year I can get my forum knife blank finished! By far the best of the forum knives, not my EDC, but a solid knife I love using!

Back