2010 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiah

Pit Bull Appreciation Society
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I've gotten several requests for standalone firesteel loops for factory and custom sheaths, so here's the info.

Loops can be made for standard or odd sized steels. Holes can be set at .5 inch centers (.5, 1, 1.5, etc.) or left undrilled and you can put them where you like.

If you have a large handle, let me know so I can space accordingly. I don't have a RAT fire kit on hand (yet), so if you need a loop for it, either send it in, or ask about placement options.

Option 1: 1 piece .060 loop. These are the classic single piece of kydex sized for the steel. Firesteel is held in place by looping the cord over the end. Price is $5 each. $2 flat shipping (First Class) in the US for up to 5 loops. $5 shipping for any amount higher than 5 (Priority).

Option 2: 2 piece .093 loop. These are two piece loops that taper towards the bottom and swell at the top. The pieces seperate at the bottom as the steel goes in creating holding tension even as the steel is wore down. Price is $7 each. $2 flat shipping (First Class) in the US for up to 5 loops. $5 shipping for any amount higher than 5 (Priority).

Discounts available for large quanities.

Posts and screws included.

Any questions, just ask. PP addy is kiah@customkydex.com.

Last edited:
When are these being shipped?

All due orders will be going out Tuesday or Wednesday.

I sent you an email, but I guess it didn't get through (freakin' phone). I can't find in your comms how you need the holes spaced, please let me know.

Oh, and I know I still need to get pics up. I'm scatter brained. I'll get them up Tomorrow night. Probably.

Yeah. It's for a RC-4 sheath, so I'm guessing 1.5" but just needed to verify.

Kiah made one of these loops for my RC-4 sheath (with MOLLE back) a coupla months ago. Here's what I asked for:

Two holes in the tab at 1.5 inches on center, tab 0.625" wide, loop to fit the BRKT or Swedish Army firesteel. I'd need a couple of longer Chicago-type screws, too, probably 0.50".

The piece fits my RC-4 sheath setup like a glove. As-is, it accommodates the LMF Army firesteel perfectly.

So if Kiah followed those specs in making my loops, that's what you're looking for to fit a RAT RC-4 (or RC-3) Kydex/MOLLE rig.

IMG_0153b.jpg

Hi looking for something along the lines of this (sounds like maybe several folks besides myself) for the Fiskar/Gerber hatchets/small axes:

gerb1.jpg

doesn't need any carry provisions as it's attached to my pack

thanks

Mike

Not a problem. Let's say $25 shipped.

sounds good to me :)

do you have a hatchet in "hand" to make them?

paypal work?

thanks

Mike

just an idea if you don't have one already- they can be had at a lot of local hardware stores for ~ $25, might be cheaper to buy one vs shipping both ways??????

Also I'm pretty sure the 14" hatchet and the 8.8" hatchet share the same head so the cover could be used for either

I have the 14" on hand, but will go ahead and order a new one just for sheathing as the one I have seems to be permanently attached to my hand ;). Yes, I believe it and the 8" share a head.

PPs fine. PP address is kiah@customkydex.com
Make sure you include a note of what you're paying for.

you beat me to it :D

Haha, we're on the same page :thumbup::)

Kiah, sounds good! :thumbup: Will PP payment with a note.

And Mike, thanks for getting the ball rolling on this one; I came over to Kiah's sub to ask for this very thing before seeing your timely thread :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back