2017 northeast beckerhead spring gathering.

trailbum

Gold Member
​2017 NORTHEAST BECKERHEAD SPRING GATHERING.
MAY 5-7
SLIM BAKER LODGE IN BRISTOL ,NH.

o

WHAT TO EXPECT.

Great people.

We will have Knives ,Fire, Food, and Drink.

There will be contests and workshops.

WHAT DO I NEED.

Bring whatever you need for the day or the weekend.

Knives.

Food, drink, camp chairs, hammocks, coolers, and such.

Trade items or whatever you want to show off.

CONTESTS.

Start brainstorming.

There are a lot of great people here so come on up for the day or the whole weekend.

If everyone is game, Crock pot cooking?????
Get your recipes ready.

I'M IN if you plan on attending.

1. Dresnor
2. Copperhead88
3. Becker
4. Silverthorn and family.
5. Jim Bensinger
6. Bearfacedkiller
7. TPVT
8. GSOM
9. Me
10. Bjames
11. Alwaysoutdoors
12. Bladite?
13. Edward?
14. Paul?
15. TheMadIndian and family.

Last edited:
Looking forward to the pics and reports. Its a beautiful spot.

I plan on being there. I said I was gonna make it to the fall NE gathering but things really went south on me at the last minute with the whole family getting the flu for one thing. Anyway, I was bummed I missed it and plan on making it this year. I doubt the wife and baby will come so just put me down for one.

How close to the building are we parking? Is sleeping in my truck feasible? I have a cap on the back and it is all carpeted and I camp back there a lot at times. Mainly during hunting and icefishing trips but also while traveling or anytime I am just not feeling the tent and the wet ground. I lost my tent last hunting season and need a new one still. I just want to be ready for spring in New England.

i still have yet to get to one of these. the TN trip is no longer going to work for me, so let me check the ol' calendar. thanks for organizing. :thumbup:

I plan on being there. I said I was gonna make it to the fall NE gathering but things really went south on me at the last minute with the whole family getting the flu for one thing. Anyway, I was bummed I missed it and plan on making it this year. I doubt the wife and baby will come so just put me down for one.

How close to the building are we parking? Is sleeping in my truck feasible? I have a cap on the back and it is all carpeted and I camp back there a lot at times. Mainly during hunting and icefishing trips but also while traveling or anytime I am just not feeling the tent and the wet ground. I lost my tent last hunting season and need a new one still. I just want to be ready for spring in New England.

Hope you can make it.
No problems sleeping in your truck.

i don't think i have any plans. added to calendar. looking forward to it. thanks. :thumbup:

I'll be there - and I'd be down for some crock pot cooking. If I can get some venison, I'll make stew for Saturday night if that's OK with everybody. If not, I'd make feijoada - a Brazilian black bean stew...with smoked pork sausage, dried ham, bacon, salt pork and....yeah. Lotsa porcine products. So looking forward to this. If I'm solo, I'll be swinging; if I can get the girls to come, I may stay in the Mothership.

I'd also like to say this, on behalf of trailbum and all the other great friends I've made over the years at these gatherings:
For allayay'all who are looking and wondering if this is doable, it is - especially with young ones. The lodge has indoor toilets and even a shower; with the kitchen, this makes bringing kids about as easy as it's gonna get. I'd even be willing to bring some extra gear if anyone is in need....or wants to try out a hammock overnight. I really can't say enough about how awesome these Gatherings are. You should come.

I'll be there - and I'd be down for some crock pot cooking. If I can get some venison, I'll make stew for Saturday night if that's OK with everybody. If not, I'd make feijoada - a Brazilian black bean stew...with smoked pork sausage, dried ham, bacon, salt pork and....yeah. Lotsa porcine products. So looking forward to this. If I'm solo, I'll be swinging; if I can get the girls to come, I may stay in the Mothership.

I'd also like to say this, on behalf of trailbum and all the other great friends I've made over the years at these gatherings:
For allayay'all who are looking and wondering if this is doable, it is - especially with young ones. The lodge has indoor toilets and even a shower; with the kitchen, this makes bringing kids about as easy as it's gonna get. I'd even be willing to bring some extra gear if anyone is in need....or wants to try out a hammock overnight. I really can't say enough about how awesome these Gatherings are. You should come.

awesome. looking forward to this. i have venison in the freezer that i'd be happy to bring down for stew. just let me know....

Oh hell yes. The food game is on point.

Also guys, I know the folks organizing this would never ask, but I will. If you can, bring a few bucks you can spare. A couple of the guys have been fronting the funds to rent the lodge for these and on top of that they have been bringing food and drink. If everyone could throw in a few bucks towards it I am sure they would appreciate it. There is even a charge for us to use the fire pit that up charges the lodge rental. Just to put a bug in everyones ear.

These have been a real blast and like Mike said Easy for even kiddos. I have brought the fam to the ones I have been lucky enough to attend and its been a lot of fun.

Saturday night stew or feijoada would be great.
Looking forward to seeing you.

Saturday night stew or feijoada would be great.
Looking forward to seeing you.
We will get it done.
Looking forward to seeing you (and the rest of the crew), too.

FYI, I just posted a pic of you munching fresh insect larvae from a Fall Gathering over in the snark thread. Not that I think that should be any sort of contest for this Gathering, mind.

Ok I've got the 5th off of work so I'm in. Not sure what portion of the family is coming yet I'll update before the weekend is out hopefully

Shall I do the usual for friday night & saturday lunch? Or do we want to do something different?

Back