Photos 2G BME!!

Comparison- blade on BME2 is slightly longer. Both feel great in hand, with BME2 being noticibly lighter and quick in the hand.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    135.9 KB · Views: 67
Agreed, cool comparison J. Looks like the BME got a good beating too. :thumbsup:

Messed around with mine a little in the garage yesterday. Just split some wood, but really liking it so far. The Ergo 2 handle feels fantastic.

Love em! The new Ergo handles are awesome!
My Canvas ones handles are way thicker though- thicker than I'd like (which is unfortunate because I like the tanker/tan one better other than that)
Ldyaere.jpg

vX8cAsC.jpg

PwhfQCH.jpg

So between Fusion Handle, Ergo, and Straight Handle, How would you rate them from 1-3, 1 being your favorite

The ergo handles are the most comfortable for me hands down. They are great for just about everything.

I really like the straight handles, especially on the ASHBM. The bird's beak on the ASHes eats my pinky alive if I'm trying to do much chopping with them, but really not an issue as that's not what those knives are for in my eyes. More of a general camp knife which they excel at. Perfectly comfortable trimming a few branches here and there.

I'm not a huge fan of the fusion handle in general. A little too big for me. The exception being the 3/16" FSH. The combination of thinner blade stock and thinned down handles makes all the difference. Love that knife.

Last edited:
How's the BMe2 stacking up against the ASH2 and NMFSH?

I haven't put much use on it yet, but so far so good. It kind of falls in the middle. The ASH2 is a more nimble, general purpose knife. The ergo can still do everything, but a more capable chopper.

The NMFSH is built to chop. I'm not a huge fan of it, but in all fairness, I don't do a ton of chopping with my knives. Unless I'm car camping with the wife or at the house playing around, I'm using a saw. The last thing I want to do at the end of a full day hiking or paddling is chop down a 6" tree with a big knife. But that's me, and probably not representative of most around here:D

Love em! The new Ergo handles are awesome!
My Canvas ones handles are way thicker though- thicker than I'd like (which is unfortunate because I like the tanker/tan one better other than that)
Ldyaere.jpg

vX8cAsC.jpg

PwhfQCH.jpg

Wow. That's a big difference. I have canvas and they have the thicker handle as well.

It would be interesting to hear from others with canvas and g10 to see if all canvas are thicker and all g10 is thinner.

I want to try a thinner one now... that may make it the perfect handle for me.

Interesting that the g10 is so much thinner. I'm loving the thick micarta though and glad I went that way.

Still breaking her in, but no regerts whatsoever on this gal. :thumbsup:

260apfm.jpg

Since I just finished the yard work, I grabbed some of that mint on the way in, should go well with bourbon... :D

Back