3 new Utility designs

Got these ground and heat treated today :) Even managed to get a couple others done too!

I'm waiting on some G10 to be delivered for the top one but the handle scales for the others are cut out now. The middle one will be OD green with orange liners and the bottom will be natural linen micarta. The top eventually will be wearing orange G10. I will try and get some WIP pics up this weekend.

I'm waiting on some G10 to be delivered for the top one but the handle scales for the others are cut out now. The middle one will be OD green with orange liners and the bottom will be natural linen micarta. The top eventually will be wearing orange G10. I will try and get some WIP pics up this weekend.

Looking forward to the WIP pics.

All glued up! Still waiting for some handle material to arrive for the third utility blade. I did add a few extra blades to the mix to make up for it though :) Lots of work left to do so I should be busy for a bit on these. The big Kopis style blade is one I really want to see in it's final form. I even threw a mosaic pin in the pommel for a little decoration :) More pics later as work progresses!

Generally I too am attracted to the bottom but in this case the middle has my attention.

That one is about 11in overall and is wearing natural linen micarta scales.

Got the Bader and a fresh 36 grit belt out this afternoon!!!! :D
Here they are all squared up on the profile.

And now with rough contours ground to shape.

I like it a bit myself! Feels like a gladiator's weapon to me :) Also I added a single mosaic pin in the pommel to fancy it up just a bit :D

Some more WIP pics :) Got the three original blank handles all finished out today but the pics sucked horribly. Here are a few in process though.
Here they are all roughed in with the rasp.

Then some filing and sanding :D

OOOO steel wool buff out after a 220 sanding.

Back