3 new Utility designs

Finally getting some of this batch finished up :) Had a little cosmetic snafu with the natural linen micarta drop point though. My handle scale overlapped the grind on the left side a tad :( I measured the other side when setting it up and missed the one grind being more to the rear. Anyway here's the pics!

Thanks guys! Yes the overlap isn't too bad but it is there. I should have channeled Chris Reeve's saying "measure twice......." :) The patterns all feel great in my hand and will be easy to carry. With the thinner stock, full flat grinds, and drilled out tangs they feel like lightweights compared to my usual over built stuff :) At this point the orange one is spoken for but if anyone wants to call dibs on the others, give me a holler!

The orange handled one is 10in overall with a 5in blade. The natural linen micarta runs 10 5/8in overall with a 5 3/4in blade. The OD Grenn is 11 7/8in overall with a 6 7/8in blade. The Gladiator Kopis runs 21 1/2in overall with a 14 5/8in blade.

All fantastic. You know, my collection of your work is getting awfully heavy---so keep that lighter stock coming! :)

Finally all done with these :) The Kukri has a home already. The Bowie came out great. It's a cool design based on a Phill Hartsfield design of a heavy clip point utility. Mine runs 12 3/8in overall with a 7 3/8in blade. Usual 1/4in thick 5160 blade stock with black G10 scales.

That khuk looks awesome (as usual). What are the specs, out of curiousity ? thickness (1/4" ?), blade length, weight?

This Kukri is 18in overall with a 12 5/8in blade. Runs about 27oz. Blade stock is 1/4in thick.

Last edited:
Finally all done with these :) The Kukri has a home already. The Bowie came out great. It's a cool design based on a Phill Hartsfield design of a heavy clip point utility. Mine runs 12 3/8in overall with a 7 3/8in blade. Usual 1/4in thick 5160 blade stock with black G10 scales.

Those look incredible.

I didn't know that I understood Kukri, but I hear it talking to me. Looks Great Bill!

Back