300 post giveaway -winner chosen--

Status
Not open for further replies.
winner chosen

so here it is , my 300th post, not such a big deal to those of you who dwell here like barnacles.

This is for paid members only,, support the site(obligatory ass kiss).

terms and conditions,, 18yo, possess a knife legally, blah blah

rules,,,
1. post the nastiest cut recieved from your "expert handling" of sharp and pointy things (not the equipment in your jockeys) .
2.Tell me what a rat bastid you think i am - be creative and original , but dont hurt your tiny mind.

My dog will pick a winner . this will run till sunday the 30th of april - when my dog decides who won.

now for the goods - a JK extended iris (well used)in 01 and a sheath i made in 25 minutes

EDIT-- i tried making an album and uploaded a picture- here is link
working on embedding it - not a tech geek! , am a gearhead!

if you ask me for a picture, measurements, colors - etc YOU GET NADA !!!!
yup im a dik and this is my game so ,, jump in or hit the bricks.

Last edited:
So first off, this is not an entry (because I have been too lucky lately, and others should get to enjoy the generosity here). But hot damn is that a tempting offer. I seriously considered breaking my personal promise not to enter into any GAWs for a few months for a chance at a JK (also my initials!). So, for me, you are kind of a rat bastid for offering this GAW while I am abstaining! Why, why, WHY?!?!

But I still enjoy participating, so here is the worst injuries I have any pictures of. I actually gave them to myself while working on a review for the Mora HighQ. They are not graphic, but I felt embarrassed enough about them anyway:
View media item 263View media item 264

gnAUPmX.jpg

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

Thanks for a chance!

I agree with you 100% you are a Rat Bastid & a complete Dik!!! Not to mention a few other things I don't want to post for fear of being band for life. Why you ask? Would I say such things of someone I don't even know? Well I'll tell you why. Because I really like that JK Blade and I never thought even once to document any of the times I've sliced & diced myself so I think I'm crap out of luck on this one but just in case you let me slide I thought I'd share my thoughts on the subject. Lol ether way Cool:cool: giveaway and Great Knife :thumbsup: ;) :rolleyes: :D

Damn it! No pics, but couple years ago I cut the end of my left index finger with angle grinder - zip! 1/8th inch of bone gone. And last summer I managed to sever the tendon on my right middle finger, that required actual knock me out surgery to repair - and buggered my whole summer! So, I don't know you, but you're a bastid for making me reveal my clumsiness.
Oh, thanks for the chance! And cool looking dog.

No pictures available, but I put my right ring finger through a mandolin blade back in my restaurant days. Knives are bad but this was a degree of magnitude above.

And you decided to give away a knife I offered you perfectly good money for. That's a special kind of rat bastid for ya! You better post pics of that dog with its paw in a hat so we know you aren't playing favorites.

i was going to write everyone name and see which one he poops on- and i am special -- least thats what the doctors say.

Last edited:
I think I've gotten off lucky so far. I did pull a dumb move.... twice in a row.... that left a few scars though. I was working on the soft top of my Jeep and needed to pop one of the snaps out of the rail on the soft-top's frame. I grabbed the junker fixed-blade I kept behind the seat and pried away. One and two were good to go. The third one gave a little bit of resistance so I put a bit extra force into it. POP. The snap popped out of the track and the tip of the blade was aimed squarely at the palm of my left hand.... Yep. I stabbed myself. "OK...." I thought, "Lets get this last one out and then I'll see what I need to do to patch up my hand."
The last one was a stubborn one too. In my infinite wisdom, I moved my hand back further away this time, but kept using the knife as a pry bar. Do you see where this is headed already?
POP! "Great! The snap is out!...." turned into, "Damn, I stabbed myself again." Only this time it was through the webbing of my hand between my thumb and index finger.

The lesson? Knives are not prybars and keep your hand out of the direction the tip will be travelling (or any of the sharp parts) when you are doing something dumb with a knife. Apparently the lesson didn't stick the first time around.

Oh, and what kind of a rat bastid makes his dog pick a winner? Someone who doesn't deal with confrontations well, is afraid of hurting the loosers' feelings or perhaps just someone who can't handle making a decision.

Thanks for the chance. :D

[QUOTE="Jerry D., post: 17112182, member: 232651"

Oh, and what kind of a rat bastid makes his dog pick a winner? Someone who doesn't deal with confrontations well, is afraid of hurting the loosers' feelings or perhaps just someone who can't handle making a decision.

Thanks for the chance. :D[/QUOTE]

the plan was to write names on paper and let him poop on them in the yard! haha

he gets to do it bacause he wont get in trouble for poopin outside - but i will

I know I can't get picked but I still want to share my story.

A Tale of Two Thumbs

My family shops at Costco all the time and as I'm sure you know they have tape, plastic ziptie thingies etc. When I was 8 my parents decided to get some of the Softsoap brand liquid soap which has a plastic harness holding two of them together. My dad never sharpened his knives a lot and he mostly used utility knives. So I had the bright idea of cutting apart the soap containers to help my mom... On a white carpet. I slipped with the knife and cut my left thumb, and started bleeding out all over the place. I still have that scar now almost eight years later, and the stain persists on that rug.

And my second story is a Boy Scouts story. I was testing a kids edge on his knife when he decided 'I want my knife back' and instead of asking he grabbed it from my hand while I was testing the edge and sliced the skin from the nail to about midway through the print, and that's how I have a scarred right thumb.

I know I can't get picked but I still want to share my story.

A Tale of Two Thumbs

My family shops at Costco all the time and as I'm sure you know they have tape, plastic ziptie thingies etc. When I was 8 my parents decided to get some of the Softsoap brand liquid soap which has a plastic harness holding two of them together. My dad never sharpened his knives a lot and he mostly used utility knives. So I had the bright idea of cutting apart the soap containers to help my mom... On a white carpet. I slipped with the knife and cut my left thumb, and started bleeding out all over the place. I still have that scar now almost eight years later, and the stain persists on that rug.

And my second story is a Boy Scouts story. I was testing a kids edge on his knife when he decided 'I want my knife back' and instead of asking he grabbed it from my hand while I was testing the edge and sliced the skin from the nail to about midway through the print, and that's how I have a scarred right thumb.

good tales!

I made a knife in my garage with hand tools. 5160. Heat treated in and tempered my self.

Was feeding a group of little kids in Nursery at church apples. Baubled the knife..... Hit bone and severed a nerve in my right thumb. Sprayed a goodly amount of blood on the table. The kids watched........ And kept eating snacks. I had to have another person drive me to the ER.

Severed a nerve, and made my right thumb worthless for quite some time.

Years later, there is still nerve damage, and shooting pain if I bump it (which happens frequently, as I am right handed).

I learned your own bone can roll the edge on your knife!

When I was finished sharpening my mini griptilian I was screwing the thumbstud back on with the blade open like a complete anus. The tip of my torx bit broke and the blade sunk into the back of my index finger almost cutting everything off from my middle knuckle to the tip.

As a former New Yorker (Otego, NY), I can say with confidence that you must be a damn fool to still be there (gun/ammo/magazine laws, taxes, NY politicians=circus, taxes, knife laws, taxes) . But since upstate is one of the most beautiful places in the world it is quickly forgiven and understandable.

thanks for the contest.

I made a knife in my garage with hand tools. 5160. Heat treated in and tempered my self.

Was feeding a group of little kids in Nursery at church apples. Baubled the knife..... Hit bone and severed a nerve in my right thumb. Sprayed a goodly amount of blood on the table. The kids watched........ And kept eating snacks. I had to have another person drive me to the ER.

Severed a nerve, and made my right thumb worthless for quite some time.

Years later, there is still nerve damage, and shooting pain if I bump it (which happens frequently, as I am right handed).

I learned your own bone can roll the edge on your knife!

damn kids - i blame the kids hahaha

When I was finished sharpening my mini griptilian I was screwing the thumbstud back on with the blade open like a complete anus. The tip of my torx bit broke and the blade sunk into the back of my index finger almost cutting everything off from my middle knuckle to the tip.

As a former New Yorker (Otego, NY), I can say with confidence that you must be a damn fool to still be there (gun/ammo/magazine laws, taxes, NY politicians=circus, taxes, knife laws, taxes) . But since upstate is one of the most beautiful places in the world it is quickly forgiven and understandable.

thanks for the contest.
i just stay for the pizza and bagels. fat bastid that i am

shit, NY pizza. I scour my new home in search of anything that comes close. The answer is hell no they don't.

i just stay for the pizza and bagels. fat bastid that i am

The pizza and bagels are good. We really just don't have pizza or bagels that compare out here. But on balance I am fine with the tradeoff. But still, it would be nice to be able to buy nice pizza...

The pizza and bagels are good. We really just don't have pizza or bagels that compare out here. But on balance I am fine with the tradeoff. But still, it would be nice to be able to buy nice pizza...

would have replied sooner, but was eating a bagel and a schmear.
gotta clean the grill for my NY strip steaks

Thank you all for your participation,,,

The winner is ---- #3 Rat

please send me a message with your specifics

thank you all !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back