• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

3V hunter in koa.

jdm61

itinerant metal pounder
A while back, I bought a half sheet of .177 3V from Aldo and had it water jet cut into blanks. Peters did the HT to 60 Rc. Then I got distracted with other projects and they sat. I finally finished one up and here it is. The blade is 4 inches by like 1 3/16 tall with a full flat grind and a decent distal taper. it is pretty burly. The tang was skeletonize. The handles scales are stabilized koa done in a "Michelob bottle" profile and held on with West System epoxy and stainless Corby bolts. For the time being, I am pricing these in line with comparable factory 3V knives like the Survive 4.1 and the BRKT 3V Bravo 1. This ones discounted a little bit because although it has a premium Treestump sheath, it is my sheath that held one of my knives for a couple of years. I bought some JRE danglers only to discover that the guard on this knife pattern is too wide to fit. My loss is your gain. Asking $230 (forgot to do the discount intially) including PayPal fees and USPS Priority Mail to the lower 48. For those interested, I will also have ones with stabilized amboyna burl and Oregon maple burl shortly and in the near future,ones in blackwood and black walnut.

Attachments

• IMG_0635.jpg
    IMG_0635.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_0628.jpg
    IMG_0628.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_0630.jpg
    IMG_0630.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_0634.jpg
    IMG_0634.jpg