4.1 thread

You son of a guns! :D

So we should (hopefully) expect the firsts to not be too far behind?

9c41501863626df6b100a6d2038c3d06.jpg

Some pics of the new arrival.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In a word, this thing is "slicey". I don't have calipers, but it seems to be thinner behind the edge than the 4.7.
dc4da9ea397d10b2d799d3f9f71a0f89.jpg
74c51ba77c45efb6d2e049a558ec8110.jpg
1b28de1d99365320f7bf9ff4c6d7bda2.jpg

Haven't had a lot of dirt time with it yet, but first impression is that the ergos are maybe even a little better than the 4.7. Seems like it's a little less fatiguing to use a hammer grip for carving and seems easier to do tip up cuts when feather sticking.
4c604b139fd2535931068198821bf220.jpg

Last edited:
Haven't had a lot of dirt time with it yet, but first impression is that the ergos are maybe even a little better than the 4.7.

Guy was saying that could be because of the different thought processes in the design stages. He wanted the GSO-4.7 to be the down on your luck, won't fail you knife. So the handle was made to really lock into your grip in super cold/wet environments. The GSO-4.1 is a bit more relaxed, designed as a do everything EDC style knife.

We are planning to do some videos about each model and their design principles... just so busy.

He wanted the GSO-4.7 to be the down on your luck, won't fail you knife. So the handle was made to really lock into your grip in super cold/wet environments. The GSO-4.1 is a bit more relaxed, designed as a do everything EDC style knife.

Thanks for sharing that! It will be amazing to hear the thought process behind all of the designs!

Where does the GSO-6 handle fall in, is it in its own category or more like the 4.1?

Thanks for sharing that! It will be amazing to hear the thought process behind all of the designs!

Where does the GSO-6 handle fall in, is it in its own category or more like the 4.1?

I'd be really interested as well. I know there's been some talk about most of the models, but to hear Guy's designing principals and vision for each model would be pretty awesome.

With that said, I fully support Guy and the team focusing all efforts on the immediate task at hand.

I'm very excited about the delta 3v can't wait to see how it performs

I agree!!!! But........ with my uses I doubt I'll be able to tell a difference between the most recent heat treat. Oh well, I'll still enjoy it as a status symbol :D

Looks like a D3V Monday for me! :D
Once I get my 4.7 in 3V I'll have two Survive knives in 3V, plus a couple from other makers.
I am really curious to see if I can tell any difference.

Looks like a D3V Monday for me! :D
Once I get my 4.7 in 3V I'll have two Survive knives in 3V, plus a couple from other makers.
I am really curious to see if I can tell any difference.

Keep us updated on your findings for sure!

I agree!!!! But........ with my uses I doubt I'll be able to tell a difference between the most recent heat treat. Oh well, I'll still enjoy it as a status symbol :D

We could always go gut some dissenting.. uhh.. turkeys. Those turkeys are some stubborn bastards! Can never tell what they'll say at the last moment.

Received the 4.1 D3V 2nd today.
Attempting to post a picture, please forgive the image quality my phone is getting pretty old.
https://goo.gl/photos/AdC97hvrzYq5jack9
They are in order left to right:
2.7 with orange and black G10
Old Spec 3.5 with green micarta
4.1 D3V with camo G10
4.7 CFV with black canvas
4.7 20CV with camo canvas
5.1 20CV with brown canvas

The 4.1 handle feels really good, but not quite as hand filling as the 4.7.
Comparing them side by side I can't see much difference, the two handles are really similar other than the arched back and a bit of flare on the butt of the 4.7.
Notice how scrawny the old spec 3.5 handle appears compared to all the new spec knives.

Last edited:
Received the 4.1 D3V 2nd today.
Attempting to post a picture, please forgive the image quality my phone is getting pretty old.
https://goo.gl/photos/AdC97hvrzYq5jack9
They are in order left to right:
2.7 with red and black G10
Old Spec 3.5 with green micarta
4.1 D3V with camo G10
4.7 CFV with black canvas
4.7 20CV with camo canvas
5.1 20CV with brown canvas

The 4.1 handle feels really good, but not quite as hand filling as the 4.7.
Comparing them side by side I can't see much difference, the two handles are really similar other than the arched back and a bit of flare on the butt of the 4.7.
Notice how scrawny the old spec 3.5 handle appears compared to all the new spec knives.
7180c5dc13a63063e7d89d5929280607.jpg

That is all. Love it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Back