4.1 thread

Jut picked it up from the post office. My girlfriend's 4.1 factory 2nd next to my 4.7. Thank you for changing the handle to Ghost Jade, she really likes it. :)

4147.jpg

Jut picked it up from the post office. My girlfriend's 4.1 factory 2nd next to my 4.7. Thank you for changing the handle to Ghost Jade, she really likes it. :)

4147.jpg

Congrats! Awesome looking hers and his set you have there :) Just curious, if you don't mind sharing your order number. I'm hoping to get my shipping notice and the wait is killing me. Just want to see where I am in line..lol

Are only the D3V 4.1's shipping or the 20CV's too? I'm waiting to hear from a gentleman who I paid for his Starter 20CV 4.1 whenever it shows up.

Are only the D3V 4.1's shipping or the 20CV's too? I'm waiting to hear from a gentleman who I paid for his Starter 20CV 4.1 whenever it shows up.

The first few were in 20cv and the most recent few were D3V, so both steel types have shipped so far. I'm not sure where Survive are on the Starter and Pre-Order Factory 1st's, but Guy mentioned in another thread they will be all caught up on the Factory 2nds by the end of the month. Many of us are waiting for orders on our 4.1's to be filled and hoping that they will be soon. We shall see what happens in the next few weeks because there's a lot of orders to be filled to reach that end of month goal.

I received a shipping notice for a starter 4.1 in 3v today. Hopefully the wait won't be much longer for the others.

Order # 4288
March 9th 2015

Last edited:
For those of you who have the 4.1 and the 4.7 now, which do you like better??

I have a 5.1 and 4.1. I know you were looking for 4.7 comparisons, but I was surprised to find how much I really liked the size of the 4.1. The Handle might be a tad smaller than I'd like on the 4.1, and the 5.1 is maybe a tad too large. Makes me curious about the 4.7. Although to be honest, this is probably being nit picky and is something I think you'll only notice if you stop to think about it. They both have great ergonomics. Larger blades will have larger handles and smaller blades will have smaller handles.

In the end, I think I'll reach for the 4.1 more often than the 5.1. The 5.1 more often for camp chores.

handle on the 4.7 for MY hand, blade size and shape of the 4.1.

To be honest, thats the dilemma I thought i'd have haha.
I prefer blade size/shape of the 4.1, but i have medium-large hands so i think 4.7 handle would be more suited.
Thanks for the heads up :) , I think i want a 4.1 more though.

I have a 5.1 and 4.1. I know you were
looking for 4.7 comparisons, but I was surprised to find how much I really liked the size of the 4.1. The Handle might be a tad smaller than I'd like on the 4.1, and the 5.1 is maybe a tad too large. Makes me curious about the 4.7. Although to be honest, this is probably being nit picky and is something I think you'll only notice if you stop to think about it. They both have great ergonomics. Larger blades will have larger handles and smaller blades will have smaller handles.

In the end, I think I'll reach for the 4.1 more often than the 5.1. The 5.1 more often for camp chores.

Awesome, is that the new or old spec 4.1 you have?
I was at one point considering trying to snag a 5.1 and not worry about the smaller knife 4's, but i have a 6 on order and figured it might be a bit silly...
I can relate to reaching for a smaller blade regularly too. Realistically, something the size of the 4.1 will fufill my uses for a knife 80% of time.

If only each one of us could just own every model & then discuss our thoughts :D

To be honest, thats the dilemma I thought i'd have haha.
I prefer blade size/shape of the 4.1, but i have medium-large hands so i think 4.7 handle would be more suited.
Thanks for the heads up :) , I think i want a 4.1 more though.

Awesome, is that the new or old spec 4.1 you have?
I was at one point considering trying to snag a 5.1 and not worry about the smaller knife 4's, but i have a 6 on order and figured it might be a bit silly...
I can relate to reaching for a smaller blade regularly too. Realistically, something the size of the 4.1 will fufill my uses for a knife 80% of time.

If only each one of us could just own every model & then discuss our thoughts :D
It's a new spec. Received it this week.

I'm working on it but it is a slow process. :thumbup:
Regarding the new spec 4.1 and the 4.7 I'm with TR, the handle of the 4.7 is just about perfect for me.
The blades are very similar, the 4.7 is only about a 1/4" longer and an 1/8" wider.
I can't image a situation where they wouldn't be equally capable.

For those of you who have the 4.1 and the 4.7 now, which do you like better??

The handle on the 4.7 is great, but I carve primarily using a hammer grip and the 2 inches of blade nearest the handle for 90+ percent of the work. In this configuration, I always found the 4.7 to be a little fatiguing. It's especially pronounced when feathersticking and trying to throw curls to the left by carving tip up. It's better with tip down and my thumb on the spine, but that sends curls only to the right (I'm right handed).

817a045b88614e5796846c5114981c21.jpg

4bf7305104777f423178c96c172c25cd.jpg

The 4.1 has a little narrower handle and for some reason, it seems to be less fatiguing when doing carving tasks.

909784dee5c31631a6eadedac4ac491d.jpg

40298c12aff23b83763999de7dc9a603.jpg
3b62b2ffe6ad86351d09d788bffb2f40.jpg

Time will tell, but for carving tasks, right now I'm pretty high on the 4.1.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back