5 TORN whetstones just for you guys

Hey guys, I don't really know why my previous topic got deleted or I'm not sure where it has disappeared

anyway please if a Moderator on site either give me the first 5 names of my previous topic,

or a new giveaway starts here.

requirements:
has to be in USA.
has to have Amazon usa account

the stone is #1000/#3000 double sided

first 5 to send me e-mail to: sikeentijara@gmail.com
with title: Free Torn Stone

Yes I think I remember both of you.

I will send your promo codes soon.

@ awdool, just send me an email.

I'm always wanting some stones, if any left I'd like one

Thanks,
G2

Alright guys they're done for now!

Another giveaway in one month.
Be sure to get post quick!

Thanks, will report back once it arrives.

And the name of the stone threw me a little, at first I thought you had some damaged stones that you were going to part with because they were 'Torn' I had not realized these are brandy new stones...all the better and again thank you very much!

Maybe tell us the tale of how these came to be called Torn ? some history about them might be nice :)

G2

Nice, mine arrived safely today, looks to be well made, good combination of grit there as well, I sharpened up my Benchmade Triage and it worked great.

Thanks again for getting some of these out there like this,
G2

Got mine yesterday, looks like a nice stone Thank you! Going to try it out on my caving knife.

Hey guys, I'm glad you enjoy it!

I hope to hear from the others too :)

Hopefully more will come so people be ready to be quick on this section :D

Update on this nice water stone by Torn company,

I mainly use my edgepro stones held in hand and only get out the water stone occasionally, but the last few months I've taken them out to use again, I blame Murray Carter ;) and that is a good thing !

Ok, one thing I noted with the couple of water stones I have, one is made by King and is a 1000/6000 and I really dislike it, maybe it is just this version they made but it doesn't work well for me, the 1000 doesn't cut very well and the 6000 gets a glazed finish that I have to knock down every time in order to use and neither side really seems to cut well for me.

Compared to this Torn, it is a 1000/3000 grit stone and cuts VERY well, neither side clogs up or glazes over as the King stone does, I greatly prefer this over the King stone I have. Again it may just be the King stone I have, the 6000 side is a tan colour and the 1000 side is the orange, from the site where I picked it up, I see that King has another combo stone where the 6000 side is lighter in colour, so maybe the stone I have is a dud ?

But back to the Torn, as mentioned it cuts very well, cleans up easily, I would highly recommend this stone to anyone that wants to give using water stones a try.

Thanks again for sending out these few stones, one thing I would recommend is putting the name near the grit indicator on the side, it will show longer than being on the top of the 3000 grit surface as that goes away, so keeping your name in view will be a good thing!

G2

Back