505 question

Found a tiny buck 505 at a pawn shop but noticed buck is written in what seems to be maybe cursive or a scripture type writing...anyone ever seen something like this?

You mean something like this? The script tang stamp was switched to block lettering in (I believe) 1986 as well as adding a year mark. The micarta covers on mine indicate pre 1984 if I remember correctly.

IMG_6121.jpg

Maybe this is micarta as Well? Not sure... having no luck at all finding the exact year

Maybe this is micarta as Well? Not sure... having no luck at all finding the exact year

I can't tell for sure by your pic, but if the scale is a maroon color it is indeed maroon micarta which would put it in the same era as mine.

Nice score. I have several and enjoy them.

I can't tell for sure by your pic, but if the scale is a maroon color it is indeed maroon micarta which would put it in the same era as mine.

Nice score. I have several and enjoy them.
It was super dirty at the bottom of a bucket with a sticker that said $3. Haha super score! And thanks for the help... I'll just assume this knife is older than I am, that's cool enough for me

It was super dirty at the bottom of a bucket with a sticker that said $3. Haha super score! And thanks for the help... I'll just assume this knife is older than I am, that's cool enough for me

Oh man that's AWESOME! Send it in to Buck for a spa treatment, and you'll have a brand new looking knife that's cleaned up, lubed, and smooth as can be. It will serve you well for many years. :)

Back