810 Contego discontinued? EDIT: No

I was on a Shopp that sells cutlery and noticed it marked their 810 Contegos on close outs since it's being "DISCONTINUED".

Pretty sure this isn't true but I will have to confirm on Monday when I am back at work.

Jimmy, don't let them do it if this is true! The Para2, CRK 21 insingo and BM 810 are the best knives ever!!! I have many many knives, but those three are my constant companions and sole mates.

If it is true then BM is on a roll discontinuing all of its best known and most well liked models.

When will people learn not to purge their star generals?

Yeah I love that knife. It would be a bummer. I doubt it is going away though.

Looks like it might just be the 810S, so the partial serrated non-black blade. At least that's how it appears on CS website, the other two models just say back ordered.

Hi Benchmade fans. So yesterday I ordered my first Contego since I have wanted to try one for a while now and have just never got around to it. The price @ CS was good so I said what the hey.

Here is the description from the receipt.

Benchmade 810 Osborne Contego CPM-M4 Plain Edge Blade - Contoured G-10 Handle - Carbide Glass Breaker - DISCONTINUED ONLY 1 LEFT

Hope this helps.

JonesE

If the 810 goes it's going to be a very sad day, it's seriously one of the best. And Jimmy while you're asking tell them to bring back the Rukus!!

Thank you Jimmy for the update.

So it looks like one dealer blowing out old inventory.

JonesE

Good to know. Still gotta get one. It's like the 940 on steroids in my eyes.

Tempted to buy another Contego even though it's confirmed not discontinued.... just in case =)

That knife of all my knives has withstood the test of time. I put it in my pocket most often!

I'll chime in. Own five 710's and no 810's. There's all you need to know. Bring back the 710 and I'll make it six, long as the mix of ingredients is enticing!

i'd rather have the 810 disappear and the 710 and 908 come back into production. yeah i realize i may be the only one who does.

I'll chime in. Own five 710's and no 810's. There's all you need to know. Bring back the 710 and I'll make it six, long as the mix of ingredients is enticing!

When I found out the 710 was discontinued, I passed on purchasing a S110V PM2 so I could pick one up while I could still find one! It's been to work with me for about a week now and it's been rugged, dependable, and a pleasure to use. I know if they came back, I't try and snag one without serrations as a more all-around friendly EDC blade.

Back