• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

*SOLD* 9" Sheffcut Gyuto in Birdseye Rosewood with an African Blackwood Ferrule

Robert Erickson

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hi all,
This profile makes for the perfect all around kitchen slicer. The steel is Sheffcut carbon steel which is fast becoming one of my favorite carbon steels. It's very clean British made steel that is essentially 26C3 with added Niobium for better wear resistance and edge retention. It achieves high hardness but retains a good amount of toughness. The handle is beautiful Birdseye Rosewood with an African Blackwood ferrule.

SPECS:
OAL: 15. 25"
BLADE: 9.0" long, 2.0" heel height. It has been hand finished to 600 grit and then etched with FeCl. The grind is hybrid full flat/convex which is down to 0.006" before sharpening.
STEEL: 0.098" Sheffcut carbon steel heat treated to RC64.
HANDLE: Birdseye Rosewood with African Blackwood ferrule, black micarta and white G10 spacers and black carbon fiber pin.
WEIGHT: 210gm (7.4oz)
Price: $SOLD Shipped USPS in the CONUS, international buyers welcome, shipping extra.
Paypal, check or money orders accepted.
Post "I'll take it" here in this thread and then PM or email me for arrangements. I have this posted on Instagram as well. The first time stamp has priority.
Comments/Questions/Critiques welcome.

Thanks for looking!

QMYzizbl.jpg

sOiziecl.jpg

rE0VIYIl.jpg

HCaGQQ3l.jpg

dUZvzl6l.jpg

5WGsvtZl.jpg

Last edited:
Back