A Bk3's Story

Tanker 1/66

Gold Member
I'm still new at all this so take it easy on me. When my son was first deployed to Iraq with the 53rd Infantry combat team, I wanted to get him something anything that might possibly help him while he was deployed. In one of our conversations he had talked about a Iraqi civilians car that had hit an IED and the trouble they had trying to get him out of the mangled mess. I did a little internet searching and came across a Bk3 I'd never heard of it or a Becker for that matter.But it had great reviews. So I ordered it and shipoed it to him in one of his care packages. (The standard case of 5 hour energy,twizzlers, and a Bk3) He molled it to his Battle Rattle for about 3 or 4 patrols. He told me that he loved it but he couldn't carry it on patrol anymore. Ounces lead to pounds and pounds lead to pain!!!! Is what he said. He would rather trade the weight for ammo, water, and meds. But it got a good workout around base and the FOB opening ammo crates or anything else that needed a less then delicate touch. He returned from that deployment after a year along with the Bk3. It was stored in one of his rucks that eventually got stored in a shed in his back yard that we refer to as Cambodia lol Thick Thick swamp. Along comes a Tropical storm maybe a Hurricane or two and the Bk3 sits in the ruck for several years wet and rusting. When I visited him a couple of weeks ago I asked him about that old Bk3 as I'm a huge fan of Becker products since discovering them in my search for his Bk3. He thought for awhile and went back to the shed by Cambodia and handed it to me. But insisted that I give him my Bk5 I had primed to his house. Fine its yours!!!! Spit and a shake deal done. Here's the difficult part I'm going to post Before, during, and after Bk3 resurrection project. Thanks for reading. It does have one confirmed camel spider kill.

Last edited:
camel spider ain't hurt nobody :D

Yea that one won't lol Actually they don't really go after humans, and they only get to be about 6 inches long. But I wouldn't want one crawling around my cot at night. My son said he put on his night vision And gave It a smack.

Thanks fleet, The green scales were in the Bk29 box along with a dark green pair. This 3 rides next to me in the truck now. Ya never know when you might need it.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing and thank your son for his service.

The BK3 is a no-joke tool, for sure!

He thought for awhile and went back to the shed by Cambodia and handed it to me. But insisted that I give him my Bk5 I had primed to his house.

Your son has excellent taste. Bet carrying that 3 in your truck with you must be like having your son riding shotgun.

True be told I had every intention of giving him that Bk5 lol. He kept hinting that he'd really liked my 9 untill i told him that it had tasted my blood so its my blade and he can't lay claim to it. But hey his birthday is coming up. There is a 9 in his future;)

Thanks for the offer Imperial, I have my 5. But I knew my son would want it and thats why I had a new one shipped to his place. Arriving the day I got there lol. Everybody hast to have a 9. I think it's a law!!!

It's the King!!! But I really really like my 4. Who am I kidding I like them all.

Back