A couple more

sheathmaker

Custom Leather Sheaths
I just finished up this pair for Jerry Fisk MS and they will be headed to China. The usual, various thicknesses of Wickett and Craig and then some carving and inlays.

The small pouch is one of my "stylized" pouches. I get tired of the same old shapes and this one jazzes it up a bit.
Chestnut leather with carved quilt and tooled borders. Inset belt loop and removable retention strap. Can be carried either sash style or belt loop. Fully lined with 2 oz.

The big one is just the same old drop Loop design. Done in Russet with Neatsfoot oil coloring, Chevron overlay and Full Quill Ostrich inlay, with a little dab of tooling. Over the back loop design with inset retention strap. Also fully lined with 2 oz. By the time these get back to Jerry the darker oil spots will have leveled out to one nice color.

Paul

Attachments

• 100_3948.jpg
    100_3948.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 205
  • 100_3949.jpg
    100_3949.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 183
  • 100_3950.jpg
    100_3950.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
very fitting and beautiful. I love Fisk knives and your leather compliments them very well!

Have you ever ran a stitch line in your carved quilt pattern to give a sheath a boot top kinda look? I've been wanting to try that and probably will as soon as I get my machine.

Thanks for sharing!

Todd

Todd, to really look great the stitching would have to be even smaller using even lighter threads and smaller needles. Also I'd like to have a good old reliable Singer 31-15 to do it with......nice tight tiny stitches!!!

I may run a practice piece just to see what it would look like with 69 thread through an 18 needle.

I added a photo of the knives to my first post.

Paul

I bet a bead around the boarder will be nesessary as well but again, I've never ran a machine a for a second in my life as of yet so I'm very much looking forward to what your results will be.

Again, very beautiful work Paul.

Todd

Beatiful Paul. Thanks for the knife pic too. Very interesting idea on the boot stitching.

I really like the small one (but they are both beautiful). I tried do something similar to the smaller one awhile back, but never could work out how to do the belt loop...I ended up scrapping the design and going a different direction. Thanks for solving that one for me :)

Great looking work Mr. Long. Always appreciate your photos to learn from. David

Those are vary nice Paul, The gray Ostrich goes nice with the knife. I like how you did the three peak chevron. The smaller sheath looks great in that curvy style and quilt pattern.
John S.

Back