A few random questions and greetings...

First off, hello. Just joined the site~

I have a few questions, and sorry if I ask something that has already been covered (I didn't want to go read all the back-posts)- So if my questions are redundant, please forgive me...

Has anyone used the BM trainer, and what do they think of it?

Does anyone know where I can find more information on Advanced Technologies (they make the SWAT bali don't they?)- I live in Phoenix Arizona, and can't seem to find them on the web- btw, does anyone have their SWAT bali, and how is it?

BM31: Does the clip get annoying after a while? Honestly, does it rub your hand to the point of being annoying?

I see quite a variation of locations to order BM balis from, anyone have any GOOD or BAD stories about ordering from any specific vendor? (ie, warnings to avoid anyone for poor service, or suggestions?)

Well, I thought a bunch of questions would be a good way to start here in this forum....

Thanks!

LostboY

Welcome. And those are excellent questions to start off. Should my answers not suffice, you can always use the Search feature to fnd out more. It's a great way to look up past postings without having to read them all.

1) The BM 40T is a fun bali to flip. I have 2 of them. They have no edge and no tip, so the danger is gone and you can flip with reckless abandon, especially with the ariels. The only complaint I have with it is that the blade is about 1/2" shorter than the real 42's, and that can play tricks with your point attacks when you spar. Oh yeah, they make wonderful sparring bali's.

2) The stickers that comes with the SWAT knives says they are located in Phoenix, but I haven't been able to successful locate them. Even a letter to the Chamber of Commerce turned up nothing. The 3 SWAT bali type I own, I have mixed feeling about. The 5" reach of the blade is nice, but the thinness of the blade leave me wondering about it's strength if heavy use is required. the Aluminum ones flips a bit slow, the brass ones flip a bit faster, but weigh a ton and tarnishes very easily.

3) Don't have one in hand yet, still on order. But those that have them doesn't seem to notice it to the point of distraction.

4) I highly recommend Newgraham.com for prices and service. 1SK.com is another that has excellent reputation (they also sponsor this site so buying from them helps support this forum).

Enjoy the forum.

I think Tony covered most of your questions, and like he also said, try searching for 'bm40t', 'swat', 'bm31' etc, and you should get more than enough stuff about this. :)

So then I guess I just have to welcome you to this latest 'narkotic' (yes, it's VERY addictive! ;)).

I have a few questions, and sorry if I ask something that has already been covered (I didn't want to go read all the back-posts)

I don't know about anyone else, but I find that attitude pretty arrogant.

It's like the person who cuts in front of you in a line but thinks it's ok because he said, "sorry."

This is something I see more and more in general. I call it "the preemptive appology."

Generally, one appologizes for some mistake that he inadvertently and unintentionally made. One does not appologize in advance for something that he knows is wrong but intends to do anyway.

Now, with that rant off my chest, welcome to bf.c, Mr. LostBoy. Some of your questions are actually new ones and good ones at that.

The clip on the 31 opposite handle, the handle that you don't normally hold on to much during manipulation. The techniques that I use that involve holding onto the opposite handle don't involve doing a lot of spins and other intense stuff while holding that handle. It's mostly just quick transitions.

BF.C has a whole separate forum, it's called The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly forum, just for sharing experiences, good and bad, about individuals AND dealers. If you go there and search that forum for the name of a dealer you're considering, you'll probably dig up all the dirt you need. It's a great resource. Personally, I suggest wwww.1sks.com. Aside from the fact that they've generally got stock on everything, they also have pretty low prices and are well-reputed for good service.

welcome to the forums.

well since all your questions seem to have been answered I must say welcome and have fun.

Welcome to the forum lostboY, or should I say mind control cental;) :D. Alot of these guys really know what their talking about. If you want to anything about bali's this in the place to be. But I should warn you, once your in, your in for good. There's no turning back. Always remember, the only dumb questions are the ones not asked;) .

Back