A look at the new Bowie blade in the XM-24

Check it out!

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

So there is a Gen4 XM-24? The bowie is my fav - looks like I have a new HAVE-TO-HAVE.

Don't think so, Gen 1 and Gen 2 still. I am not aware of any significant change on the current run of Bowies that would make them Gen 3. They have eliminated the stop pin screw, but the stop pin has always been the full width of the knives extending from the lockside to the liner side.

I want!

Were these a flash sale? If so, will there be another?

Is the stop pin in the same place as the older XM-24's or has it been moved to where they are in the Gen 4. XM-18's? Anyone have any pictures? Thanks

Is the stop pin in the same place as the older XM-24's or has it been moved to where they are in the Gen 4. XM-18's? Anyone have any pictures? Thanks

I do not own one (Sob, cry, tear) it does appear to be "moved" . I do not see the screw head that would indicate it being in the old position.

I always thought the Bowie lacked some Blade "presence" in smaller sizes. I imagine in the XM24 that is not the case.
Homerun and one I would be Proud to carry.

Rubicon,

That's what I was thinking also since the screw head is gone. Looking for any pictures for some verification if anyone has any, thanks!

Rubicon,

That picture only shows that the screw head is gone on the new ones. Is the stop pin still actually there, or has it been moved to the same location as the Gen 4 XM-18's. That is my question, you cannot tell by that picture, we need a picture looking between the scales.

Found some pictures, the stop pin looks to be in the same place as before on the XM-24's, they just did away with the screw head going into the lockside.

I'm as guilty as anyone in not reading ALL the posts in a thread and this one isn't even that deep.
Anyway, Screw gone but Pin there and runs full width.
For some reason, I never have paid as close attention (as many) to screws, detents, this and that - I carry and I cut. Then I sharpen and start over again.
Knives, I cut stuff with them.....

Back