A Quiet Dinner In The Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistwalker

Gold Member
Just a quiet dinner alone in the woods after work. A little Tobasco flavors the simplest of meals :)

DSC_8819.jpg

DSC_8819cropped.jpg

DSC_8840.jpg

DSC_8844.jpg

DSC_8845.jpg

Mist my good man, you must have been reading my mind. Sally actually had some strength & was feeling pretty good tonight & decided to help me cook dinner. Of course, we also had ribs, but the Ohio brand . . . :)
Good to see you back on here, don't let all the projects pull you under.
Be safe.

i stopped at home and made a sandwich before i headed out, plus checked the mail for my hest/folder(i can dream). i had some mre's and canned soup with me but did not plan on staying that late. really looks good!! ill plan my next outing better and take something to cook. really wish they would make some lousiana in the travel jars. guess i need to buy some of the 20oz preform bottles to pack my own. i think they would be great for hot sauce and some spices like season salt or cavenders. even money or first-aid kits, tinder or ??????

preforms.jpg

Last edited:
Mist my good man, you must have been reading my mind. Sally actually had some strength & was feeling pretty good tonight & decided to help me cook dinner. Of course, we also had ribs, but the Ohio brand . . . :)
Good to see you back on here, don't let all the projects pull you under.
Be safe.

Thanks J1M, good to hear she is feeling better. Don't think I've ever had Ohio ribs before.

Oh I'm swamped but still keeping my head above water :)

Shit dude, you just made me hungry! :(

Sorry man, I like food :D

Wow, that looks really good. Now I'm starving.

Thanks, I was too after smelling it cook for half an hour....

i stopped at home and made a sandwich before i headed out, plus checked the mail for my hest/folder(i can dream). i had some mre's and canned soup with me but did not plan on staying that late. really looks good!! ill plan my next outing better and take something to cook. really wish they would make some lousiana in the travel jars. guess i need to buy some of the 20oz preform bottles to pack my own. i think they would be great for hot sauce and some spices like season salt or cavenders. even money or first-aid kits, tinder or ??????

preforms.jpg

I like those bottles a lot. They remind me of the epi pen bottles I have. I'd like to find some that were smaller than 20oz though.

Those ribs look damn good.

They were, I love meat cooked over open flames :thumbup:

so that's where my cat went.....

nice pics.

Trust me, your cat is perfectly safe from me, at least for now. Don't let the bumper stickers lie to you, it tastes nothing like chicken....

Thanks, it was the end of the day and the light was fading fast so some are better than others. The sun had gone down before that last shot, it was actually taken with a slow shutter speed...

Where's the girl in the bikini? ;)

Hiding at home...she's been b!#ching about the cold since Sept. :(

Life lesson #264,349 if you wish to fully enjoy being married to a naturalist best to move to a warmer climate....

just to clarify those bottles are not 20oz. they are 20oz preforms before they blow them to 20oz. im sure they are only a couple oz each. i am looking into buying a case of them and maybe selling them with other goods at gunshows.

Hiding at home...she's been b!#ching about the cold since Sept. :(
Life lesson #264,349 if you wish to fully enjoy being married to a naturalist best to move to a warmer climate....

This folks, is classic . . . :D
Be safe.

preforms.jpg
Skinz, take a look at www.bepreparedtosurvive.com when you have a chance. John & Denise have a huge selection of containers on there. I have some "tubes" similar to your picture that are watertight & leakproof when closed. This might be what you are looking for. Good luck.
Be safe.

just to clarify those bottles are not 20oz. they are 20oz preforms before they blow them to 20oz. im sure they are only a couple oz each. i am looking into buying a case of them and maybe selling them with other goods at gunshows.

My bad, I was dealing with my youngest at the time and I thought that said perform like some energy drink or something. I have friends who have been making kits from energy drink bottles.

The 2oz sounds perfct. We have a bottling company here locally, I'll have to look into getting some of those.

I got some of those pre formed bottles from countycomm.com. Really solid walled tube and good for edible stuff I think. And if you lose a cap, any old soda bottle cap would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back