A Tribute to Robert W. Loveless in pictures

On the heels of Stevens nice post..hope that you enjoy these.
I was up until 2 am yesterday working on a very exciting project. Hopefully around January you will all hear and see about it, I know that I am very excited!!

enjoy

Dave

lovlessivoryandstagNYSpecials.jpg

lovelesscampsandjapaneseblocklogo.jpg

lovelessamberbigbear.jpg

lovelessesivorynobolts.jpg

lovelesshideouts.jpg

Ah, Dave, what an amazing collection of the ultimate in
design of modern custom knives!!

How about a pre-January hint too?

All the best,
David Darom (ddd)

Its extremely unfortunate i got into knife making after he passed away. It wasn't until i sat down and saw a video of him making his knife. As soon as i saw it i began hunting down information about Mr. Loveless only to find he had passed away. His philosophy of knife making was my biggest draw to him since i get the same sensation just from engraving and being creative. He was definitely someone to look up to.

Ok, I have just been given permission by my co-Producers so.....

We are making (almost in the can) a Movie/Documentary, call it what you want, on Bob Loveless, his knive's and whatever we can pack into this DVD.
I gave permission for some of my collection to be used and you will see so many more incredible Loveless made pieces and revealing footage all in high def!
We have some real pros working on this (think sound editor,et'al guy for the Movies- Speed,Total Recall, Pulp Fiction, Kiss the Girls and too many more to mention, he is also doing most of the camera work, post production,etc.

I cannot express my excitement and how honored I am to be able to participate in this once in a lifetime opportunity.
With luck we will be releasing at Ed Wormsers Auction early next year. I am working on getting my partners to agree on some sort of discount for all of you and others that lock a copy in prior to it's release.
As of now we are working on pricing..I would appreciate any input from your end please. We want these to be affordable but this is one classy production,we are already being considered for some of the film festivals solely based on the premise.
My mind is reeling with thoughts of the History Channel andothers showing this someday.

One of my partenrs is a well established actor/producer and has been in the businnes forever so wish me luck all.

Thanks for the ear

Dave

good luck!
Sounds like an incredibly cool concept.
Would be great to able able to watch it for free on the internets, but 30-40 bucks for a bluray or dvd wouldn't be outta line

Thanks for the pictures, Dave.

I will be looking forward to seeing your project come together.

Thanks for everything.

Charles

Great project, Dave-san !
I am looking forward to watching the Loveless movie.

I have been fortunate enough to harass the camera man during a couple of days of filming; I can't wait to see the final product.

David

Two very fitting threads here.
Great project Dave. Congratulations, can hardly wait to get a look.

Wow, seeing all those together... I get it now about Loveless, Dave. Thanks for that.
What a perfect production project to be involved in too.

......Ok, I have just been given permission by my co-Producers so.....

Dave

Was indeed worth asking for a "hint"... :)

This will be one most amazing documentation product on
Modern Custom Knives and Knifemaking!!

All the best,
David Darom (ddd)

Some great stuff, my friend.

Proud to call you friend in many ways, one of them being your consistent superior taste in knives, one of the others being the pure class that you always bring to the table. It raises the bar for the rest of us, and Bob held you in the highest esteem.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

That's an exciting project Dave - really looking forward to the end product.

Roger

Wow, thanks all for the wonderful show of support. I am having a meeting with my fellow Producers and will further discuss the project and of course tell them of your thoughts.

I sure appreciate your kind words
Dave

Back