Action today !

at times you see some action . Driving today I saw a vulture flying out of the woods coming out quickly. Not normal for them. Then the reason, he was chased by a big bald eagle !! Well it was dinner time and I guess the was a disagreement about who did it belong to ! :)

That's awesome. I love those random moments where you wish you had been recording with a camera, but at least you have the memory!

Last summer I was driving home along a country road, came around a sharp corner, and almost ran over 3 large birds (looked like brown eagles) that were all picking at a dead deer in the opposite lane. They saw me and panicked and took off across my lane, missing me by only a couple feet as I went past.

Hi! Mete, your story reminded me a similar one happened a few years ago (2012, according to my pictures archive :)). I was having a morning coffee at one mountain hut, ready to hit the trail, when the owners’ dog started to bark furiously. We looked out, just in time to see a huge eagle flying away, trying to carry her prey, a poor heron. It somehow fell from her claws or she drop it and it rested in the snow, surrounded by a cloud of feathers. Pretty impressive show. I had, as most of times, my cell phone ready :D and managed to portrait the eagle flight and the devastating scene she left behind.

2mq16l4.jpg
281g5lv.jpg
6yhdoj.jpg
2wbyhb9.jpg
ega1z4.jpg
dw7vrn.jpg

Herlock, " rested in the snow" ?? It survived ??
On the river we have eagles , ospreys, herons [great blue and the smaller green] and kingfishers. Some of it is funny as when a rare rough legged hawk tried and tried to get some lunch , a merganser. Each time the hawk dropped down the merganser duck dove and escaped !!

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing.
The other night on the drive home, I usually take a back road with Oaks lined on each side. Out of nowhere, a Great Horned Owl decided to say hi to me swooping right by my windshield.
You really appreciate how big these birds are!

Back