Advice Wanted on AR15

I have a S&W sport 2 and only thing I would change is the handguard. I really want a full length handguard that runs the length of the barrel. I have only seen one that will fit around a front sight post, but it is expensive and has mixed reviews. Thinking about selling my rifle, if I can get what I paid for it, and getting something with a handguard I want or a rifle without a front sight post. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Yeah, what cricket said. You can take the front sight post off. It's held on by a pin and its tight fit. If you buy a low profile gas block and a free float hand guard you can take all that stuff to a gun smith and they can do the work for you if you can't yourself.

Yeah man as the others said, take off the front sight/gas block and use a low profile gas block, then you can use any rail you like. Its pretty easy to do or have some do it.

I got a Colt with a fixed front sight and there's several different options for a full-length guard with that setup I think I have a quad rail by utg? It was like a hundred and twenty bucks so definitely not bad

Back