Recommendation? Aftermarket Inkosi Thumbstuds?

Can't stand the blue ano. Not a fan of the silver either. Dare I say that the thumbstuds are shaped like a neat pile of poop :eek: ?
Anyone hit them with sandpaper to mute the polish? How does it look? Anyone replace the press-fit thumbstuds outright with an aftermarket product?
There exist no factory alternatives at the moment and the Umnumzaan studs will not fit according to CRK...

Last edited:
Rub the anodizing off. Don't see anything wrong with the factory studs in my opinion. You're going to remove and re-press fit aftermarket studs? Hope you've done it before...

I have seen in the past where people have changed out the studs with another manufacturers studs.. To say it looks bad would be an understatement. Can't speak to functionality either.
Either way, it's a crapshoot.

If you wanted to mute the shiny of the thumbstud, I suppose you could take the blade out and carefully wrap it with electrical tape around the stud(s) the best you can and sandblast it- That would get rid of the shiny for sure.
As to voiding the warranty by doing this? I have no idea, so proceed in any direction that you choose at your own peril. Press fitting another stud is definitely not recommended.. but then again, using a stud that is a sloppy fit isn't either.

IIRC the dual studs are pressed together, meaning you (or machine shop) would have to drill the old studs out.

Not 100% sure but would assume your warranty would go to the wayside as well as risk cracking your blade.

If u are dead set on changing them might i suggest filing the very tip off (top teir) the end to make it flat on top b4 removing them completely? You might save yourself some headache.

This is not my image or knife.

083.jpg

That is a great idea. I could file off the top to avoid the pile of poop (IMO) look. Fantastic.

Back