Air brushed solid color

I borrowed my buddy's Harbor Freight airbrush. Did some basket weave and two color thread. Fully veg tanned lined.
xAAhui6.jpg

tuhE1b8.jpg

tVgoJOE.jpg

rmX5gSQ.jpg

Nice looking. What'd you line it with? I see the liner fades into the edges--you skived it back?

Very nicely constructed and tooled. Kinda interesting the airbrush made it almost a negative image. Usually its darker in the depressions not lighter. Interesting effect.

Very nicely constructed and tooled. Kinda interesting the airbrush made it almost a negative image. Usually its darker in the depressions not lighter. Interesting effect.

Thanks Dave. I think part of it was me not knowing what I was doing with the airbrush. Certain sections of the leather soaked in more dye than others even though I had a consistent even movement of the airbrush. Next time I'm going to wipe the veg tan down with denatured alcohol to remove some of the oils before the tooling. Then I'll air brush it to see. I really like the control of the airbrush for laying down the dye. It's much more consistent vs. applying by hand, especially if you want lighter shades of that particular dye. An airbrush is another tool on my list.

Straight odorless paint thinner. Sprayed it through a few times, cleaned the cup, and removed the tip and used a small brush with more thinner just to make sure the tip was totally clean.

Back