• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Airborne Knives have you dealt with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I placed an order with this guy February 3
gave him a deposit of 100 on 300 for final work
Now it is May 28th
and honestly he has claimed some health issues, but despite my blade being
"complete" he has decided that the walk from his door to the mail box was too much effort Saturday to ship it as it was a LONG WEEKEND for him
It was supposedly at his house and that is how it got "missed" and I was never told it was done. I paid him the balance due Friday night when I got home from work, and now I'm not sure if it was the rite thing to do.
I'm just curious if any of you folks have dealt with Scott Horn or am I just screwed?
yeah Scott I am asking here where everybody in the custom blade world can see your work ethics, let us see how this plays out?

Last edited:
Well folks its Wednesday the 31
so far all I have gotten from this guy is this last reply

It looks like you paid the invoice at 1800 last night, we were already gone for the long weekend. Ill be back tuesday and send you the tracking right away, so youll have it before friday, USPS 2-3 day priority

he did NOT contact me Tuesday
he has NOT replied to me all day today
and I am thinking pay pal about to be getting a phone call from yours truly and getting my funds back

here's a shocker
he did NOT SHIP it
His word that he was going to ship and provide tracking tuesday
meant nothing

sounds frustrating.

any update from the maker?

As of Thursday
He FAILED TO SHIP WEDNESDAY AS WELL
Claiming it is my fault for paying after 6 on Friday some how justifies his not shipping when he got back from his holiday.
Must be nice rite? Get my coin, ship when and if YOU feel like it.
When I inquired why it still was not shipped Wednesday he only keeps repeating how it is my fault for paying when I got off work, another concept that seems to escape Mr. Horn a job that one actually GOES to!

If it ever arrives I will post here.

Last edited:
Well after a pay pal dispute was filed
he finally shipped
So from the start in February to June 2 delivery
I will not post good or bad for this particular seller
I will let his complete lack of support after the purchase
and his work ethic speak for his company and if you should
do business with him. And yes, I did provide him with a url
for this thread a week ago, so he was given the chance
to come here and speak for his actions.

I've had to leave this alone for a few days to cool off.
I will be posting a "COMPLETE" REVIEW of this blade in a day or so.
I will not be focusing only on the customer service but fit, finish and value for the money paid.

You know what
Never mind
Ive lost interest in this now
Kind of sad

Last edited:
Just saw this post and had to chime in.. in fact registered for that purpose alone...

I've bought from Scott at Airborne Knives and I've had nothing but great experiences. Scott has put up with a lot of bs from a picky buyer such as myself.. the quality was absolutely top notch even though he cut me a really amazing deal while still offering the package.. just look at the volume of pestering i did before buying and after buying as well, he assured me of absolutely everything in about a million ways before i managed to get my crap together and order. Just look at the attached screenshot from my email, lol. 135 emails before i finally ordered. His work's been my daily driver ever since, see picture, it's not a bookshelf decoration.

Some people get ill.. jeez... nothing terrible about it.. he's a one man shop, and you should count yourself lucky to be allowed to profit from the fact that he makes knives for other people, because they're top of the line.. before i even contacted him i literally spent several months researching all sorts of small and large knives and i don't lie to you when i say that i've literally looked at every karambit you can find even a fuzzy picture of on the internet... just to make you understand, i've got info on in excess of 300 just karambit knives stored on my drive. 95% of them are a god damn joke. 5% barely qualify. Scott's work is better than top 0.3%. And definitely the only within the top 5% with a reasonable price. I know, i put each of them in a damn spreadsheet lol ... The price he puts on his work is a steal and a service to the community more than anything, the guy's a national treasure he is.

Look, people get ill, they get damn ill, and they just have bad days/weeks or maybe they just don't give a crap about running out of the door for some guy with an attitude, especially if they, say, got a family to look after that's more important. He's a one man operation. He doesn't have a service line in pakistan for handling astute knife collectors like you 24/7. Also iirc he needs to go for a longer drive to send stuff out using a good service so he knows it'll get to you. I'll be honest, you sound like an entitled jerk and you were a real, real jerk for opening some sort of paypal dispute on him for being ill. You were a super big jerk for then coming here, crapping all over his operation, and making it a challenge for him to come here and defend himself from you (which i'm glad he didn't). He's just human, and definitely not a amazon warehouse. I don't think there was anything wrong with how he handled things, especially given you weren't kept in the dark as you say, and he communicated at each step. I know i run an operation with more responsibilities than he has and when i get the flu i pretty much f it all and go awol, so uh, you could've gotten worse. It only tells of the quality of his character that he didn't let you provoke him into some sort of pissing match on some damn website that's completely irrelevant to him and anything in the grand scheme of things. In the end you got an amazing knife and hey, if you don't like it, pass it on to someone who will respect it, because there's simply no better karambit out there, and if anyone finds a better one, tell me, because i desperately want to know. I've had this one for several years now and it still hasn't even needed sharpening. I've cut steel nails with it and the blade didn't even distort.. and the sheaths are amazing. The annealing is done by real space tech pro's and it shows. The build quality is bar none and he'll customize it for you just as you like. And all this at the prices he's selling em at, as far as i am concerned he's insane to deal with funny people like you, but that's just me, he apparently has higher standards of service, i'd just refund your money and send your knife to someone else, there's always a line for his stuff because it's that good. Maybe he should have. Just sayin...

This image speaks volumes for Scott's patience and quality of buyer support:

e4CDkph.png

This speaks volumes for the quality of his work... the cerakote rubbed off already due to wear and tear... the edge is still sharp... and no, sorry, i won't post a better picture, i don't have time to take a better one, i know it's terrible lol

kCCqwtC.jpg

Terrible attitude! (Actually expects to get what was repeatedly promised and what he paid for. Geez!)

really?
June to January?
As for entitled? yeah no
I work for my money 60+ hours a week, you have the
advantage of 20/20 hindsight MONTHS later after he has
given a reason for the delays. I lived it, you did not.

I am glad you feel like you deserve the rite to tell me
about my dealing with the man. 100% of it could have been avoided
if he had just called( he had my number its on my pay pal account)
emailed me, he had my email again see pay pal account
texted me, if memory serves we traded texts, maybe not but again, same
phone number text away

If I was truly some entitled child or jerk the 300 bucks would not
have made a difference to me, I work and live check to check when
I make a major purchase, or a 300 dollar purchase I expect my business
to be handled in a professional way. I left this thread almost 8 months ago
but you decided to dig up this beast. I am still here.
you have exactly 1 post
hmm the more I consider it the more you seem to come across as
either the guy in question, or a paid employee
regardless

I got my knife eventually.
Yeah, I filed a complaint after he steadfastly failed to communicate in any manner
form or way. Nuff said until you feel like coming back and dishing some more knowledge to me.

Dave

oh yeah and I didn't get a karambit either
so call your boy up and get the facts correct before you come tell me
about MY purchase

ok so i see what happened ... see Scott explained exactly every single tiny bit of the process of buying from him down to how he ships the stuff out.

But first let's get one thing out of the way. Scott doesn't live in europe. I do. Don't make me prove it with a picture lol jesus. I think you need to adjust your tin foil hat....

So anyways... here's the deal...

You complain it took "from feb to june" to get the order. Well hey.. he's one guy. Ever heard of the concept of lead time? I'm fairly certain Scott told you how long you'd have to wait, very roughly, to get your knife. He did to me. Literally 130 emails exchanged, there was 0 chance for a misunderstanding. Buying things might be confusing for you so... why didn't you ask BEFORE paying?

Anyways, so end of may the lead time was over, which you knew would be as long as it was, because you were obviously happy to pay the rest at that time. So here's the deal. Scott probably only has time one time a week to drive out with all his shipments and isn't going to drive out just to coddle you and ship your precious single shipment. A little humility would have told you that you're not his only customer, he has dozens, and he'd most likely like to send everything out at the same time. It's not laziness, it's not crappy service, it's just efficiency. He only has so many hours in the day. So at that point you end up sending the money after close of business during the weekend. My guess is he'd have sent your knife out the week before, but you missed the cutoff, so he was going to send you the knife at the next possible date he was sending stuff out. Luck had it he was ill on that day, so it slid up again. Rather than take it on face value you got your panties in a bunch, and went "I PAY I DEMAND". No understanding that he's just a one man operation and can't be everything to everyone all the time. "i expect things to be handled professionally" well then you should've bought from fox knives or something buddy... Scott is a one man show, you know it, you knew what you were getting into, you knew he's a living breathing human being who could get, for example, ill, and you were too much of a jerk to realize that what happened was just an honest slide up on his part.

So you didn't get pissed off over waiting "from february to june", you got pissed off you missed the weekly cutoff date on shipping and he wouldn't go out of his way to send just your package out which you obviously felt entitled to because you need to be treated special because mommy and daddy always told you you're one of a kind.

The situation you describe is perfectly acceptable to anyone but some entitled narcissist. Get a grip.

Besides if you work check to check wtf are you doing buying $300 knives ... know your limits and stop getting pissed off just because someone doesn't get frantic over your bunch of shekels in the same way you do apparently.

ok so i see what happened ... see Scott explained exactly every single tiny bit of the process of buying from him down to how he ships the stuff out.

But first let's get one thing out of the way. Scott doesn't live in europe. I do. Don't make me prove it with a picture lol jesus. I think you need to adjust your tin foil hat....

So anyways... here's the deal...

You complain it took "from feb to june" to get the order. Well hey.. he's one guy. Ever heard of the concept of lead time? I'm fairly certain Scott told you how long you'd have to wait, very roughly, to get your knife. He did to me. Literally 130 emails exchanged, there was 0 chance for a misunderstanding. Buying things might be confusing for you so... why didn't you ask BEFORE paying?

Anyways, so end of may the lead time was over, which you knew would be as long as it was, because you were obviously happy to pay the rest at that time. So here's the deal. Scott probably only has time one time a week to drive out with all his shipments and isn't going to drive out just to coddle you and ship your precious single shipment. A little humility would have told you that you're not his only customer, he has dozens, and he'd most likely like to send everything out at the same time. It's not laziness, it's not crappy service, it's just efficiency. He only has so many hours in the day. So at that point you end up sending the money after close of business during the weekend. My guess is he'd have sent your knife out the week before, but you missed the cutoff, so he was going to send you the knife at the next possible date he was sending stuff out. Luck had it he was ill on that day, so it slid up again. Rather than take it on face value you got your panties in a bunch, and went "I PAY I DEMAND". No understanding that he's just a one man operation and can't be everything to everyone all the time. "i expect things to be handled professionally" well then you should've bought from fox knives or something buddy... Scott is a one man show, you know it, you knew what you were getting into, you knew he's a living breathing human being who could get, for example, ill, and you were too much of a jerk to realize that what happened was just an honest slide up on his part.

So you didn't get pissed off over waiting "from february to june", you got pissed off you missed the weekly cutoff date on shipping and he wouldn't go out of his way to send just your package out which you obviously felt entitled to because you need to be treated special because mommy and daddy always told you you're one of a kind.

The situation you describe is perfectly acceptable to anyone but some entitled narcissist. Get a grip.

Besides if you work check to check wtf are you doing buying $300 knives ... know your limits and stop getting pissed off just because someone doesn't get frantic over your bunch of shekels in the same way you do apparently.

Deter, stfu.

Thanks.

I'll be honest with that you'll have to do better than that John

Let's see if I can do better.
You came here specifically to dredge up an 8-month old thread and insult the poster.
You want to give your perception of the knife maker? You love the knife he made for you and had a good experience. Excellent. Post away about your experience.

You want to come and insult people and put words in their mouths. Not happening.

deter, You would have been doing Scott a favor if you'd just left the thread alone and it would have sunk into the depths of the internet.

Tell Scott of Airborne Knives if he wants internet redemption, come post here in person. He's a member and from his post history, he used to have a Knifemaker's membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back