AK, almost done

leatherman

leathermoderator
Almost done, one that has been in progress far too long, but I hope is well worth the wait.

Attachments

• AKdragon2.jpg
    AKdragon2.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 131
  • AKdragon3.jpg
    AKdragon3.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 88
Pretty slick. It's pretty cool to see the evolution of your AK sheaths.

Thanks guys! :D

Polishing the edges now, soooooo much edge on these things, soooo much sanding then discovering flaws and sanding again. Hours of work on these beasts.

Thank you! :D

I hope to get an updated picture tomorrow if all goes well. I haven't had much time with it the last few days.

The final series of antiqes will happen this week! This will pull together the carving and make it stand out better.

Still needing a few more finishing waxes, but pretty much done!! Shown with the removable ring, that unfortunately is no longer being made by my current supplier, but I am on the search! If the weather cooperates, and the wax cures properly, I'll have this one out the door very soon!

Finally done,

Just applied the final finish, a really really good oil/wax mix that I've been very happy with these past few months. Combined with my favorite hard liquid wax its an unbeatable team.

I know, hard liquid, but it works and is logical. Its a thin liquid at first and penetrates deep then dried to a nice mellow finish. The wax/oil finishing touch adds a flexible top coat that keeps everything nice and well fed.

I will not ever use a sealer, like an acrylic or lacquer. Might as well strangle that leather.

Wow Dwayne! Just overlooking these threads.....you are a crafty man my friend. I love your work.

Back