• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

ALL SOLD-bDIY Stabilizing Special- Lace Redwood Burl...

I have a few blocks of unstabilized/natural Lace Redwood Burl that were left over from a box I just sent to K&G. They wouldn't fit in the box and I don't have anything left to send out for a while. These are not seconds, rejects or scraps. They are extremely high quality pieces.

They would be perfect for guys that are doing home stabilizing with Cactus Juice and the like or guys sending their own stuff out for stabilizing.

This is hands down THE most solid, beautiful lace redwood I've had come through my shop. It's absolutely jam packed with small eyes and lace figure end to end and side to side. No spots empty of figure. They eyes are tight and solid with no cracks in the centers. It's pretty much museum grade redwood burl.

I have 6 blocks, each one measures 2 3/16" wide x 5 3/16" long x 3/4" thick. They're a little thin for most hidden tangs, though I could do some smaller hidden tangs with them. But they're perfect for ripping into scales. If you were making folders or smaller fixed blades, you'd get two sets of scales out of every piece.

There is one block in this pic that's been sanded to 400 grit and lightly oiled to show the figure. You'll be able to see which one. The rest are just bandsaw cut with no sanding. Even still, you can see that every piece is an identical twin of the next...no bad spots or empty areas anywhere.
33853927755_9756c69cce_c.jpg

Here's a closeup pic of the one that was sanded to 400 grit and oiled. You can see all of the eyes and lace figure.
33812937186_366b4e8004_c.jpg

Price is $20 each, or $70 for 4, or $90 for all 6. ALL SOLD Free shipping to the US no matter how many you buy.

I'll have some of this stabilized back from K&G in a couple weeks.

Last edited:
4 of these are sold. I have two blocks left. $20 each or both for $35.

Well darn.

Good thing I missed it though because my wife is already giving me crap about having too much handle material in stock though.....as if that's a thing.

Back