All the Schrade Collaboration Knives I think?....

you know you see that all the time. if you point this out to the seller most times they are not the happy about it. had one i pointed out a mistake in his calling a knife one thing when was really another, he acknowledged it but didn't change the listing. that is one of the good things about this forum learning how to "read the knife"!

As delmas2nd says, "that is one of the good things about this forum". Larry has once again came along with the answer to my post.
I have four SDH1s in my collection, all came in the white box with all the bling. However, all are from the first 500 run, with the etch on the blade and numbers stamped on the top of the blade. Stamping the bolsters would help the life of the stamp, as the BG42 blade would not be very kind to the stamp. Thanks for the information. Ken.

The first 500 SDH1s and SLW1s also came with a Display, the retail price was $400 for the two Millennium knives and the Display unit.
medium

Last edited:
I am yet to see any other photos of the complete 'Collaboration' knives produced by USA Schrade........were there any more complete sets?.....what about some photos....Hoo Roo

Larry,

There is also a Red Schrade Barnett Collaboration knife. Schrade did 2 runs of each knife....a 1 of 500 run for each knife and the blade is stamped as such and then another run of each knife after that. I will try to post a picture of mine that I have set up in a display.

Tom

I also have the display that Ken refers to above for the SLW knives. Guess I need to get a picture of that up as well. Never enough hours in the day...LOL

Tom

A red Barnett was recently spotted in the bay but has been snapped up if someone wants to see one. Also a green one can be seen as well.

Tchase I can't see the attachments posted above.

Is anyone willing to post the picture of the Schrade Jernigan Collaboration Flyer if I email it to you?

Tom

Thank you for that!

Sure wish I had one of these Jernigans....had to be at least one made for the photo shoot, I would think. I need to check with my Uncle to see if they actually produced any of these as samples.

Tom

We know that photo samples of several knives were made which didn't make production. I have blanks made for the XT4 fixed blade. You might contact Jernigan directly and talk to him. I spoke to several of the collaborators including DHolder and Loveless some years back and they were wonderful in sharing their experiences with Schrade.

I also have the display that Ken refers to above for the SLW knives. Guess I need to get a picture of that up as well. Never enough hours in the day...LOL Tom
Is this what you were looking for Tom?
medium

medium

Tom, do you think you could find any information on the knives - Schrade started to have made in China.
I have one in my colection. However, I have never been able to find any information on them
... Ken

Last edited:
Thanks for posting those Ken. That display is the SLW and DHolder, mine is a little different....it is for two SLW knives. I will try to post a picture soon. I will check with Uncle Harold and see what he knows of the China Schrades....while Schrade was still in business.

Tom

Tom

Thanks for posting those Ken. That display is the SLW and DHolder, mine is a little different....it is for two SLW knives. I will try to post a picture soon. I will check with Uncle Harold and see what he knows of the China Schrades....while Schrade was still in business.Tom
Tom, the Schrade Lake & Walker knives do not have many followers among Schrade collectors.
Could you please try and post your SLW Displays?

Schrade sold a SLW II knife with a serrated blade and later they also sold a SLW II with an un-serrated blade.
The SLW II knives are stamped "U.S.A." - The SLW I knives do not have "U.S.A" stamped on their blade. ... Ken.
medium

Last edited:
Ken,

I must tell you that I was wrong about the SLW Display I had. It is actually a Display for the Schrade Switch-It Knives. The Display is similar to the SLW but it holds two of the Switch-It Knives.

Sorry!

Tom

The Schrade Loveless knife, is a must have collectable.
medium

medium

medium

Last edited:
With reference to Tom Chase's ultra rare Schrade Jernigan. As Schrade collectors we were aware of the unique/desirable Schrade collaborations as my photos at the start of this thread back in 2010 show.....up to that stage I had never seen all the collaborations in a single photo.....
The closest many of us got to a 'Jernigan' was obtaining the Schrade Jernigan zip up pouches produced but never utilized....

Tom, this old Schrade war horse would love to see the 'now complete' collaborations in a single photo....can you oblige please?.....
Schrade were ahead of their time with the concept of these knives starting with the Schrade Loveless....what a knife tragedy that this USA Company was not able to fulfill its true USA knife destiny....
Thread re-birthed for Schrade collector interest..Hoo Roo.

Hi Larry, hope all is well.
Did you ever post your Loveless, with the new handle.

Tom, do you have any Switch-It knives that came in the Schrade box.
I had a friend send me some of those Switch-It knives - then I found some boxes for them.
Ken.

Do many of the 'Eye Candy' USA Schrade Collaborations on Page 1, still 'turn up'..?..have they ""appreciated value wise if/when they do.?.....I rarely see them now, ..I assume most tucked away 'asleep' in USA Schrade Collections...Hoo Roo

Back