• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Allan Blade

I kind of got that impression from the thread I spotted back in the UK. Why didn't British Blades stop promoting him earlier if he was a proven scumbag? Is he still around?

I kind of got that impression from the thread I spotted back in the UK. Why didn't British Blades stop promoting him earlier if he was a proven scumbag? Is he still around?

Go and ask them, this isn't BB so why would any one here know or care ?

The thread here shows a debate about it between here and British Blades. A few people on the thread here seemed pretty interested. Just wondered what happened?:confused:

The thread here shows a debate about it between here and British Blades. A few people on the thread here seemed pretty interested. Just wondered what happened?:confused:

You're reading the same threads every one else is so I don't know what extra info. you're hoping to find out ?

The guy is a crook, he knows it and so do alot of other people. He pops up now and again and usually gets promptly slapped back down, thats about it.

:)

This thread is not about knives, which is what the General Knife Discussion is for. I'm going to merge it with the Allan Blade thread in the Hall of Shame.

yeah this is about the 4-5 time ive read this thread in bits and peicex and it never fails to fill me with horror

Please forgive the necropost, but guess who has recently resurfaced? Yes thats right none other than Alan Blade, AKA Scott Fowler, and right back here in the Spokane, WA area. I was at a Spokane gun show last weekend and noticed a table with some very nice handmade knives. I picked up a nice 4" drop point marked with a "V" as a makers mark. All the knives were marked in the $250+ range. I asked who the maker was and the guy at the table said the maker was Alan Blade making knives under the "Velocity Knives" name, hence the V marking. I put the knife back on the table and asked him if he new anything about Alan Blade. He said he was told by Blade that he had had some problems in the past but had worked them all out. I made a few comments about knowing Scott and his past history. The guy started looking at his feet and mumbled that he was only selling the knives for Alan Blade and that he made a "hell of a knife", that he had his problems fixed and made his past deals right, and was now making knives full time again. I told him a crook is always a crook and if his integrity meant anything to him he should be carefull who he associates and does business with. He just kept looking at his feet and I left to go wash my hands after holding something Alan Blade touched. So if anybody is still looking for this POS he is now living in Colbert, WA which is a couple miles north of Spokane. I looked for a address or phone listing for Alan Blade, Scott Fowler, Scott Alan Fowler , and Velocity Knives but couldnt find anything. If I find him I'll give the info if anyone wants it. Funny what they say about a turd always floating to the top.

Last edited:
Hello Folks,

Interesting things developing here out of the blue. First we get an Email today asking if we have Alan Blade working for us or if he is a partner in our business.

I respond to that email, that "NO" Alan Blade doesn't work for us , and ask why and what does this have to do with our business. No Response as of yet to that email.

As far as the GUY at the Gun Show saying our Knives with a V are made by Alan Blade we are not sure how that all came about as Velocity knives is velocity knives. We started out in this industry making products for the Bow hunting industry and gradually wanted to move in to Custom Bench Crafted Cutlery. The Dealers name in question at the gun show is RON TOLLEFSON and I called him just minutes ago to ask what happened, He explained to me how this guy was pretty Upset that Ron was selling Alan Blade knives. These are not Alan Blade Knives, they are Velocity Knives. I expressed to RON that, and he told me that Alan Had been by his table at a previous Gun show letting him know that a couple of the knives were his design. Which is valid.

During the time we were beggining in the knife game we did garner some interest from knife makers around this area and asked them to submit designs for us to look over and possibly use in our line of knives. This was done by John Gamble in the start of the operations. I just went back over those records and did find reference to a couple of knives that were chosen by John to use that were submitted by Alan Blade to us. As were knives from a couple other makers. All these designs were paid for upfront with no future royalties involved. We are a Low key Company we have a closed shop not open to the public because we also work on government projects besides knives. We would also like in the future before folks we do not know jump to conclusion maybe first ask us.

This whole Alan Blade thing has taken up my time this morning figuring what is going on, searching past records etc.. In Closing these are the facts:

We paid for some designs of Alan Blades
We Paid for those up Front almost 1 yr ago.
They are nice designs, regardless of the past of the individual who submitted them and they are now Velocity Property.
We employee 2 other employees outside of family members who work for us. Neither are named Alan Blade or whoever this Scot fowler is.

And we would appreciate it if our name is not brought up anymore in regards, to anything other than Velocity Mfg/Knife business.

Regards,

Lisa Tabor
Owner
Velocity MFG/Knives

What a coincidence! Someone that works for you says that Alan Blade made the knives, you both live in the same area and you both post on a British knife website. There must be a lot of interest in British knife forums in the pacific northwest. I thought that sounded funny so I searched Velocity knives. Oddly enough, the first knife I found of yours has a VERY similar blade shape to an Alan Blade knife I owned. Of course, that happened because you bought the design from Alan. The part I can't figure out is how you have the EXACT same sheath that Alan made for the knife I had of his. Same material, fasteners, shape, hole pattern..... Maybe he sold you the design and made the sheaths? Must just be another coincidence. I don't care if Alan makes your knives or not, something just smells fishy about all of this.

Actually most of those knives do look like the ones Blade was making in the mid 90's. Dealer at the show said strait out those knives were made by Alan Blade and personally purchased from Alan Blade. I also thought it strange the post on British Blades.

Hello Folks,

Interesting things developing here out of the blue. First we get an Email today asking if we have Alan Blade working for us or if he is a partner in our business.

I respond to that email, that "NO" Alan Blade doesn't work for us , and ask why and what does this have to do with our business. No Response as of yet to that email.

As far as the GUY at the Gun Show saying our Knives with a V are made by Alan Blade we are not sure how that all came about as Velocity knives is velocity knives. We started out in this industry making products for the Bow hunting industry and gradually wanted to move in to Custom Bench Crafted Cutlery. The Dealers name in question at the gun show is RON TOLLEFSON and I called him just minutes ago to ask what happened, He explained to me how this guy was pretty Upset that Ron was selling Alan Blade knives. These are not Alan Blade Knives, they are Velocity Knives. I expressed to RON that, and he told me that Alan Had been by his table at a previous Gun show letting him know that a couple of the knives were his design. Which is valid.

During the time we were beggining in the knife game we did garner some interest from knife makers around this area and asked them to submit designs for us to look over and possibly use in our line of knives. This was done by John Gamble in the start of the operations. I just went back over those records and did find reference to a couple of knives that were chosen by John to use that were submitted by Alan Blade to us. As were knives from a couple other makers. All these designs were paid for upfront with no future royalties involved. We are a Low key Company we have a closed shop not open to the public because we also work on government projects besides knives. We would also like in the future before folks we do not know jump to conclusion maybe first ask us.

This whole Alan Blade thing has taken up my time this morning figuring what is going on, searching past records etc.. In Closing these are the facts:

We paid for some designs of Alan Blades
We Paid for those up Front almost 1 yr ago.
They are nice designs, regardless of the past of the individual who submitted them and they are now Velocity Property.
We employee 2 other employees outside of family members who work for us. Neither are named Alan Blade or whoever this Scot fowler is.

And we would appreciate it if our name is not brought up anymore in regards, to anything other than Velocity Mfg/Knife business.

Regards,

Lisa Tabor
Owner
Velocity MFG/Knives

It's unfortunate that you inadvertently got involved with one of the biggest scumbags in our hobby.

BTW, you say "They are nice designs, regardless of the past of the individual who submitted them".

I disagree. I think they're all PsOS because of the past of the individual who submitted them. You couldn't give me one.

EDITED TO ADD: Next time you hook up with someone for your business, try searching the internet for info about the person you want to deal with. Other than that, I wish you well on your business.

Last edited:
Hello,

As of Friday we here at Velocity Mfg/ Knives have decided to alleviate any further problems and concerns and will drop the General Utility Model as currently configured and also the general utility Lite model from our line of knives until we have had the opportunity to redesign them ourselves as time allows. All other designs we are currently doing are designs we have developed and designed in shop as are the future designs we have on board. We have decided its best to design models ourselves in the future to alleviate any further problems or hard feelings.

Regards,

Lisa Tabor
Velocity Mfg/ Knives

Last edited:
Hopefully all these fraud cases will add up to some nice jail time.

Last edited:
Hello,

As of Friday we here at Velocity Mfg/ Knives have decided to alleviate any further problems and concerns and will drop the General Utility Model as currently configured and also the general utility Lite model from our line of knives until we have had the opportunity to redesign them ourselves as time allows. All other designs we are currently doing are designs we have developed and designed in shop as are the future designs we have on board. We have decided its best to design models ourselves in the future to alleviate any further problems or hard feelings.

Regards,

Lisa Tabor
Velocity Mfg/ Knives

Interesting development.

Remember, 'Allen' had his 'wife' speaking for him before, so this could be a very big coincidence, or a lot of hot air.

I'll be personally looking into Velocity Manufacturing via my manufacturing colleagues.

Stay tuned, folks.

Back