American bladesmith society belt buckle

JTknives

Blade Heat Treating www.jarodtodd.com
Close to 10 years ago when I first joined the ABS thy sold a belt buckle. I ment to buy one back then but never did. I have been looking for one now and can't seam to find any. Does anyone know where I can find one or have one I can talk you out of. Thanks guys - JT

Buckle_K.JPG

Thats awesome. I'd buy one if they ever decided to do another run of these.

I just got the word that the one you show at the top is not, and never has been, sold by the ABS.
It is one that was specially made as an award given by Joe Keeslar known as the "President's Award" given for stellar participation at the annual ABS banquet award ceremony.

It was along time ago that I was looking at them so I cat remember exactly what thy looked like. Where are those other ones for sale?

Of course, there is this buckle :)

It is a bit tarnished/dirty and beat up, as I wear it everyday. I should give it a clean up one afternoon when it is slow.

Main body -Sterling Silver
Knife Blade- platinum/24K gold mokume' (random pattern does not show much in photo)
Guard - 18K gold.
Handle - mammoth ivory
Lettering - 14K gold
Flames - copper
Coals - Alaskan gold nuggets
Anvil - Bronze

Attachments

• IMG_20170124_100301119.jpg
    IMG_20170124_100301119.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 120
Just showing off lol.
I remember the one I looked at way back was silver but not as fancy as yours

Sweet that you so much. That was just what I was looking for. I don't much care for bidding but I will of this.

Thank you Erik I was able to snag that buckle and I would have never known about it if it was not for you. Money was not an object, I had planned on spending as much as I needed to to aquire it within reason. I'm sorry if I out bid anyone on here that was going after it. I should have gotten one many moons ago when I could have got them straight from ABS.

Thank you Erik I was able to snag that buckle and I would have never known about it if it was not for you. Money was not an object, I had planned on spending as much as I needed to to aquire it within reason. I'm sorry if I out bid anyone on here that was going after it. I should have gotten one many moons ago when I could have got them straight from ABS.

Congrats JT. I was hoping you'd get it after seeing the link posted here. It probably generated a little competition.

Back