American Lawman XL

Great idea! Love my ALM too, I wish they would get rid of the choil

I also love my Lawman. I wish there would be a version with an uncoated blade. If I want a 4 inch version of the Lawman, I use my Recon 1.

A larger lawman would be the knife of my dreams well maybe not of my dreams but I would absolutely love one

I consider the Recon 1 a larger version of the Lawman. I love both, but the Lawman is easier to carry unobtrusively (IWB).

I consider the Recon 1 a larger version of the Lawman. I love both, but the Lawman is easier to carry unobtrusively (IWB).
I carry the Recon1 as well as the Lawman IWB. Great edc s and work knives.

I would like a version with thicker and contoured handle scales (like the original Lawman).

Yup...I wished they'd just kept the previous model's dimensions and just dropped in an XHP blade...the proportions of the new model disappoint me.

steel liners again too?

The model previous to the latest iteration is linerless...that was the BEST of the breed, IMHO. And CS's AUS8A is a fine steel, so all things considered, I'll stand pat with that version. I came within a frog hair of listing my used XHP Lawman on the exchange Friday...the more I think on it, the more sure I am that I'm gonna send it down the road.

Yup...I wished they'd just kept the previous model's dimensions and just dropped in an XHP blade...the proportions of the new model disappoint me.

The model previous to the latest iteration is linerless...that was the BEST of the breed, IMHO. And CS's AUS8A is a fine steel, so all things considered, I'll stand pat with that version. I came within a frog hair of listing my used XHP Lawman on the exchange Friday...the more I think on it, the more sure I am that I'm gonna send it down the road.
Everybody has their own opinion. I've gotten used to thinner handled folders and now prefer them.
For me, the upgrade to cts xhp steel is a no brainer. That has put Cold Steel into competition with mainstays like Spyderco and Benchmade, especially with the way the steel is treated. And CS still has a big price advantage!
I knew nothing about CS before 2 years ago, and now I m a fan. :thumbsup:

Try using the thin handle of the American Lawman in a heavy cut, it will really hurt the web of your hand. I took mine hiking and used it cut some branches off while making a hiking staff; it cut really well but hurt my hand.

Back