American Museum of Cutlery

OFFICIAL_KA-BAR

Visited the American Museum of Cutlery this weekend in Cattaraugus, NY. Cattaraugus is about 40 minutes from KA-BAR and is about 8 minutes down the road from Little Valley, NY AKA "The Village of Knives". Knives and swords and dating back from as far as the American Revolution were on display, as well as a large number of offering from local companies such as Case, Cattaraugust Cutlery, and Union Cutely/KA-BAR. If you are ever in the area it is well worth checking out.

File%20Jul%2010%209%2040%2036%20AM_zpsjtyg0fqm.jpeg

File%20Jul%2010%209%2040%2036%20AM_zpsjtyg0fqm.jpeg
File%20Jul%2010%209%2039%2053%20AM_zps9165ajhv.jpeg

File%20Jul%2010%209%2038%2030%20AM_zpsnvj6zo8u.jpeg

Thanks for sharing :thumbsup: looks to be in a very old town as well :thumbsup:

Thanks OKB. The wife and I were planning a long weekend to the KA-BAR factory we'll put this on our want to do also list. Great heads up:thumbsup:

Cool now I have a reason to travel East.
I have seen firearm museums but never a knife one.

Nice!! I was in little Valley last year for a tour of the old Case and Cattaraugus factory sites but the knife museum was closed the next day and I had other places to be. I hope to get up there later this summer. I do notice however, that in one of your photos is shown a display of a "Buffalo Skinning Knife" which is most certainly NOT a buffalo skinning knife. I have been to the American Military Knife Museum in Intercourse, PA and it is a fantastic collection of every knife, sword, and bayonet ever issued to any U.S. military branch. Every model and variation of U.S. issued KA-BAR knives is there naturally.

Last edited:
Back