Another Huck has landed

My Huck just showed up and all I can say is, WOW! I'm really digging this one. From the original announcement pic I was a tad worried that it had a little too much arch to it to have a naturally pointing"stabby" feel but I couldn't have been more wrong. It's perfect. The rounded off edges of the spine was a nice touch that I wasn't expecting. All in all, I'm one happy camper right about now.

Do you have any plans for it--strip, satin or beadblasting?

I am damn tempted to do it right now but to be 100% honest, I'm a little scared that I might find grinder marks under the coating. That would break my heart.

Color choices look outstanding on this one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first sage blade. Went with it because after some Google Image surfing, to my eye it showed the CBT better than any of the other colors. I'm really liking it.

Just got mine an hour or so ago. Also sage and black canvas, so pics would be superfluous.
Also, I'm still at work, and this one looks a little too big to unwrap at the office.

31.36 ounces. Not bad.

For more reference:

Killa Zilla (TT)(micarta?) = 36.7 oz; .26”; 12.25” blade; 18.75” oal
Killa Zilla (TT)(G10)...... = 39 oz
Killa Zilla II (micarta).... = 33.1 oz; .30"; 12" blade; 18.625" oal

I am damn tempted to do it right now but to be 100% honest, I'm a little scared that I might find grinder marks under the coating. That would break my heart.

Better not use it then. I'll take it off of your hands. I'll strip it too.

Seriously though, I bet it's pristine under there. My Battle Saw from days gone by was just simply enough to be interesting, yet grind mark free in the CBT area. I'd bet the Huck and Huck Finn will be the same.

Those are some heavy duty chopping ergonomics, obviously the blade is built for it but that handle has the length, width and angle to amplify the chopping power, and thats got to feel so awesome in the hand. Im thinking a huck fin is definitely in my future now.

Thanks, I would guess the Fin's would weigh somewhere between 34 to 37 ounces before being stripped and with Canvas Handles!-Super happy Busse did not put overly-thick Magnum scales on these!!!
Ok, so for weight it came up at 890 grams or 1.96 pounds.

Last edited:
Better not use it then. I'll take it off of your hands. I'll strip it too.

Seriously though, I bet it's pristine under there. My Battle Saw from days gone by was just simply enough to be interesting, yet grind mark free in the CBT area. I'd bet the Huck and Huck Finn will be the same.

Don't get me wrong. Tooling marks I have zero problem with. It's the ones that look like someone did intentionally with a small grinder that I'm afraid of. I had never seen it on an INFI blade until I stripped my BB13. Now I'm a little gun shy.

Back